Mediterranean: Summer 2019?

Rosiecheeks500

Does "voyages" mean something different than "itineraries"? I must have missed something.

They have released a couple cruises in very early and later Med season, for ships that are starting there, then moving to Northern Europe for the summer, and returning briefly before heading to Florida. They have not released any standard Med season cruises yet. Soon...

They have released a couple cruises in very early and later Med season, for ships that are starting there, then moving to Northern Europe for the summer, and returning briefly before heading to Florida. They have not released any standard Med season cruises yet. Soon...
Understood. Thanks for clarifying!

I, too, am waiting for the summer sailing itineraries. I called HAL a couple of weeks ago and was given the standard, "approximately a year out is when we release the schedule" response. We all know that isn't the case. I check often and hopefully we'll see something soon. My guess is later this month, if things go as in the past.

The Med cruises for the summer season 2019 are not officially announced yet, but when checking the availability on HAL's wesbite for summer 2019, Koningsdam and Zuiderdam are the only ships you cannot book yet for summer 2019.

Zuiderdam however is doing Canada/NE in fall 2019, which leads to another Northern Europe deployment for summer 2019.

So the only ship left for the Mediterranean summer season 2019 is KONINGSDAM!

Further, Koningsdam is listed in Piraeus (Athens) in summer 2029 several times, as well as in Gibraltar.

However, you can already book spring and fall Med cruises on Nieuw Statendam, Prinsendam and Rotterdam.

They'll be posted in March. I called HAL last week to ask about the 2019 Med cruises, and was told that Venice is having a big meeting in early March about cruise ships, and the outcome will affect all the Mediterranean itineraries. There's been talk for years that Venice is not going to allow cruise ships to sail into Venice any more, sad because it's one of the most fabulous sail-ins in the world. Apparently Italy has already voted that cruise ships will have to go to a nearby industrial port instead and take a bus/boat into Venice, but it's unclear whether the dredging necessary for cruise ships to use the new port will be done by next year and apparently port taxes are part of the vote. Anyway, we'll find out soon!

Here's a recent article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/world/europe/venice-cruise-ships.html