Is there an app that lets you use iPhone as "walkie talkie" while on a ship?

Blodges

clear.png?emoji-cool-1690We will be cruising with a group of 17, and it would be great if we could stay in touch while on the ship.

There used to be an app called Cruise Text that did this... but I can't find it.

Is there something like that out there?

Has anyone used it?

Barbara. (my first thread start...hope it's right)

:confused: I was on the Eurodam last week and did not see a feature on Navigator app for free messaging with my husband who also had the app onboard. Please tell me how to access that for next time.

It was just on the intranet when we logged on. If you can't find it I would check with a cast member. I verified that the feature was fleet wide as of a few weeks ago so you should be able to use it.

It was just on the intranet when we logged on. If you can't find it I would check with a cast member. I verified that the feature was fleet wide as of a few weeks ago so you should be able to use it.

Cast member? Sounds like a Disney cruise. I didn’t see it on Zuiderdam last week

Cast member? Sounds like a Disney cruise. I didn’t see it on Zuiderdam last week

We were on the Kdam over New Years and there was texting. Just needed to be connected to the intranet. No charge

Only drawback was we could not find where to activate a sound for new messages if you weren’t watching your phone you would not see a new text

We did find it useful when we both knew to be watching for a message

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would draw the line at any app that functions as a loud walkie-talkie through a speaker. it would be most annoying to be hearing these conversations throughout the ship, and most likely during lectures and performances.

Texting is good enough to arrange to meet.

igraf

Try the Zello app.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would draw the line at any app that functions as a loud walkie-talkie through a speaker. it would be most annoying to be hearing these conversations throughout the ship, and most likely during lectures and performances.

Texting is good enough to arrange to meet.

igraf

Could not agree with you more. Notice how when we arrive in a port people are on their balconies and out on deck calling people and telling them they are now at “so and so”. Just makes me realize how nice it is to not be exposed to other peoples’ telephone calls during a cruise. Just my opinion....