Lawn Club Grill - S-class ships

Juliayn

We dined at the Lawn Club on the Reflection in early December. Everything was perfectly fine and we had no complaints. On the other hand, we had purchased a dining package that got our cost per meal down to $25. At that price we thought the Lawn was OK. But there is no way we would pay the asking price for this venue. If you do not have a dining package...try negotiating for half price. You might get it. Otherwise, do not settle for anything less than 30% off

DW and I actually prefer to dine in Murano....and get the Chateaubriand....if we are in the mood for steak.

Hank

We had a great tasting meal but rubbish service, they forgot to tell us to get salad and delivered the entree. one of our party didn’t receive his meat he was then brought something he didn’t order. By the time they brought his food we’d all finished. They did comp us a free lunch as an apology. The lunch was good, burgers great but this time they forgot the sides, we asked 3 times for them and we’d finished the burgers by the time they arrived. At least we weren’t paying for it this time. We’ve had 4 great meals at this restaurant, it was just too many guests and not enough staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very disappointing dinner in LCG on Reflection in December....lamb chops dry and overcooked. Service not great. Bottle of NA wine arrived at the end if our meal which was ridiculous since we had confirmed that it would be there for us. OTOH we had a terrific lunch there, they do gourmet burgers, salad bar and their famous desserts on sea days.

Very disappointing dinner in LCG on Reflection in December....lamb chops dry and overcooked. Service not great. Bottle of NA wine arrived at the end if our meal which was ridiculous since we had confirmed that it would be there for us. OTOH we had a terrific lunch there, they do gourmet burgers, salad bar and their famous desserts on sea days.

Just a related issue. We have suffered lousy wine service on Celebrity (and some other lines) which has caused us to adopt a new "wine strategy." We simply refuse to order any food until after we have our wine. Perhaps its a bit drastic, but has proved increasingly necessary as cruise lines continue to cut-back on various aspects of service.

Hank

Just a related issue. We have suffered lousy wine service on Celebrity (and some other lines) which has caused us to adopt a new "wine strategy." We simply refuse to order any food until after we have our wine. Perhaps its a bit drastic, but has proved increasingly necessary as cruise lines continue to cut-back on various aspects of service.

Hank

I wouldn't call this drastic, we never order our food until we have had a bit of wine, both on board or at home. Can't say though that we have had lousy wine service on Celebrity. The servers know to send over the Sommelier before trying to take our order.

Have been reading horrible reviews of above recently. Was looking forward to trying on our upcoming cruise. Anyone had POSITIVE experience there within last month or so????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope those reviews were an aberration, as LCG is our favorite Silhouette restaurant, and as you can see my from sig, we've sailed her a lot in the last few years. But we have been dining with kids who were making their own pizza, etc., so we got a lot of extra attention from the staff. Might have something to do with it.

We had dinner at LCG last November 2017 on Refection. Over all everything was fine. I'm not sure what we paid. What I do know is the evening we wanted to dine they were doing a BBQ at $75pp. Of the 4 of us I was the only one to order ribeye. The ribeye was not that good. The filet mignon was smaller but much better. I should have know not to order ribeye as I had ribeye on another Celebrity cruise in Tuscan Grill and it was not that great. I hope I learned my lesson. We did eat twice at The Porch and it was fantastic. We have eaten 4 times at The Porch. We enjoyed the Porch much more on Reflection verses Silhouette. I'm not sure why they cooked things differently on 2 different ships. The Silhouette was in Europe and Reflection both times were in the Caribbean. As we dont have cruises booked on either of the ships that have LCG, we will wait and see if the LCG makes it on Celebrity Edge.

• 3 months later...

Hank

That's exactly what I do in the specialty restaurants and for the same reason.

Does anyone know whether it is possible order the kebabs as a starter rather than the flat bread/pizza?

You can do what you want. I skip the flat bread and salad and go for the beef. All the rest is filler.

We had dinner twice and lunch once on our February cruise. Enjoyed everything but the red snapper, too much seasoning and over cooked, but we certainly did not go hungry that night. We too do not order food until our wine has been ordered.

We had dinner twice and lunch once on our February cruise. Enjoyed everything but the red snapper, too much seasoning and over cooked, but we certainly did not go hungry that night. We too do not order food until our wine has been ordered.

I was tempted by he red snapper. Will ask them to go light on the seasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums