First time aqua cruiser

Texascruiser2008

Hello, is anyone fresh off an Aqua cruise who can help me with a Blu question? I have seen posts saying if you want something off the MDR menu you can ask in Blu and they will get it and I have seen they don't. Really hoping I can get my French Onion Soup ! Hoping maybe someone just off can update...we will be on the Equinox in March.

Also a general question, we have the internet package this time, how do you get your codes etc.?

Thanks so much for any help !

Just off the Eclipse today. In Blu you can get any of the "every day" items from the main dining room menu such as shrimp cocktail, escargot, french onion soup, salmon, chicken or steak as well as the standard desserts.. We saw that the main dining room had crab cake one night and asked if they could get that for us, but the answer was no. Hope this helps.

Just off the Eclipse today. In Blu you can get any of the "every day" items from the main dining room menu such as shrimp cocktail, escargot, french onion soup, salmon, chicken or steak as well as the standard desserts.. We saw that the main dining room had crab cake one night and asked if they could get that for us, but the answer was no. Hope this helps.

Correct about those everyday items, you can get them no matter the class of ship. Onion soup is available every night if you wish.

Just off the Summit last week, and our wonderful head waiter Roy would get the MDR menu for us if we asked, and we could order anything of the menu. Each night he would make recommendations from the menu, and if we asked for the MDR, he would recommend items from that menu as well. Our Blu staff was extremely accommodating.

On your first night in Blu, you will receive a list of everyday items which have been described above. Due to the distance between kitchens on the Equinox, you will not be able to get nightly special items unique to the MDR. So if they are serving shrimp scampi, you would have to eat in the MDR in an S-class ship.

Just off the Summit last week, and our wonderful head waiter Roy would get the MDR menu for us if we asked, and we could order anything of the menu. Each night he would make recommendations from the menu, and if we asked for the MDR, he would recommend items from that menu as well. Our Blu staff was extremely accommodating.

The Blu on M-class was cut out of the original MDR and shares the same kitchen with the MDR - thus not much of a problem getting MDR items.

S-class was built with the Blu separate from the MDR - so it is more difficult for your waiter to get you the MDR entrees from a different kitchen.

The Blu on M-class was cut out of the original MDR and shares the same kitchen with the MDR - thus not much of a problem getting MDR items.

S-class was built with the Blu separate from the MDR - so it is more difficult for your waiter to get you the MDR entrees from a different kitchen.

That makes sense, but it's too bad. I just booked the Equinox for October onboard the Summit. It will be my second cruise on Celebrity. Part of it was based on my experience in the Summit. I hope the experience will be as good!

Honestly, it will be better. I remember sharing your concern the first time we had Blu as a dining venue. DH and I both love the escargot, but it was available each night. We never missed the MDR. We were also surprised to LOVE the breakfasts in Blu. We were concerned that we'd miss the variety offered in the OVC, but found we could get pretty much anything available there and have it served hot with great service. We were also offered dinner in Murano the first night at 50% off. It's our favorite specialty restaurant and no longer available on M-class ships.

We were Aqua in Late April and regular dinning just last week. Blu was ice because they give you great service and they have some different foods but I liked the main dinning room as well or better as far as the food goes.

That said there was several times I did not like some of the choices in Blu and I asked for something off the main dinning room menu and they took care of me. I would suggest you look at or take a photo of the posted MDR menu before going in Blu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wanted to follow up and say that Blu offers or did when we cruised a menu with more of a fowl and seafood options. I am more of a beef, chicken and pasta guy. The thing about Blu is it is smaller those they go the extra mile in service and attention.

It was funny my wife ordered sea bass one night and it had too many bones to eat. She asked for something else. The next night the chief brought out this incredible piece of fresh sea bass special for her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also a general question, we have the internet package this time, how do you get your codes etc.?

Don't believe that all of your questions have been answered...

When you initially turn on your device [or sit down at one of the laptops in the iLounge (Deck 6 midships)] and access Celebrity's Wi-Fi network [redirect should be automatic], a screen will come up inviting you to activate your internet package [or, if one didn't have a package, to purchase one]...

• You will be asked to enter the unique folio number printed on your SeaPass Card [eight digits; found below sailing date]...
  • Upon entering the folio number, the specifics of your internet package will appear...
  • Choose a user name and password--be sure to remember them; you'll need them every time you log in--and you're good to go...

Only one device may be used at a time but the same user name and password will work on other devices upon accessing the log-in page for Celebrity's Wi-Fi network...

-----

Enough has already been said about food--I happen to really like Blu; some don't--but just wanted to add that...

• As others have noted, Blu features an array of menu choices nightly which are among the most popular selections in the Main Dining Room...
  • As others have noted, it is unlikely--based upon logistical considerations; the galleys are not remotely proximate on Solstice-Class ships [Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette, Solstice] whereas they are shared on Millennium-Class ships [Constellation, Infinity, Millennium, Summit]--that you will have access to the full nightly Main Dining Room menu in Blu while aboard Equinox...
  • But I don't think that this has been mentioned...
    • AquaClass guests may have dinner in the Main Dining Room--rather than in Blu--on an ad hoc basis if they choose to do so...
    • AquaClass guests choosing to have dinner in the Main Dining Room will be accommodated in the "Select Dining" section... On Equinox last month--it may change--"Select Dining" was staged on the upper [Deck 4] level of the Opus [Main] Dining Room...
      • Within hours, you may simply show up at the "Select Dining" Host/Hostess podium and ask to be seated when you are ready to dine... Based upon demand at the time, you may--or may not--encounter a wait to be seated...
      • Alternatively, you may ask the Maitre 'D in Blu to make a "Select Dining" reservation for you in advance [which tends to mitigate the wait, if any]... Generally, he/she will have the following night's dinner menus--in both venues--available for your review...

I believed from the posts on here that BLU was the bees knees, but it was my experience that it was far from it, with dreadful breakfasts and best meals I had from MDR.

We have been on Celebrity over 20 voyages. We especially like breakfast in the Blu restaurant when we are not enjoying a suite. I take it you prefer the MDR or Oceanview. Good they have dining venues that suit most passengers. If they don’t, there are many other cruise lines to explore.

We have been on Celebrity over 20 voyages. We especially like breakfast in the Blu restaurant when we are not enjoying a suite. I take it you prefer the MDR or Oceanview. Good they have dining venues that suit most passengers. If they don’t, there are many other cruise lines to explore.

I find it a good idea when evaluating wildly negative or positive reviews to view that particular poster's posts to gain perspective on whether they've got an ax to grind or a flag to waive and take both with several grains of salt. In the case of the one you quoted I've yet to see a positive review of anything relating to Celebrity cruises on any subject, but then again maybe I missed a few. Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our experiences in Blu, both the service at breakfast and dinner and the food. There was only one night in 11 that we ordered from the standards because we weren't crazy about the choices offered that evening. That's way less than the number of nights we did the same in the MDR. The breakfasts were wonderful each day in Blu, without exception.

I find it a good idea when evaluating wildly negative or positive reviews to view that particular poster's posts to gain perspective on whether they've got an ax to grind or a flag to waive and take both with several grains of salt. In the case of the one you quoted I've yet to see a positive review of anything relating to Celebrity cruises on any subject, but then again maybe I missed a few. Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our experiences in Blu, both the service at breakfast and dinner and the food. There was only one night in 11 that we ordered from the standards because we weren't crazy about the choices offered that evening. That's way less than the number of nights we did the same in the MDR. The breakfasts were wonderful each day in Blu, without exception.

You can also tell those for whom Celebrity can do no wrong and any anti-poster who had a bad experience is alluded to in this manner of denigration of them and their experience.

Why don't you ask CC to put a notice on the Celebrity threads, "You can post anything about Celebrity, provided it is positively in favour, all others will be removed"?

BLU was dreadful and so were too many other aspects of Celebrity, I know you don't like that being said on here, but unfortunately it is true. Just so you don't miss it this time, I complimented them on two exceptional meals, unfortunately they were MDR menu and we had paid for BLU.

Neither breakfasts which were terrible or the evening menu was anything like what posters on here had led me to believe. Which is why I post my experiences. I can only believe that many who post have poor expectations of their cruise.