First Suite

rollie

One thing the butler will do for you is help you unpack/pack.

I've never had one offer to do so, but I think it is because many people really do not want that service.

So, if you want him to help, just ask & he will help you.

What I do is to unpack everything I don't want the butler to unpack for me.

Aside from the obvious reasons:eek:, it helps me remember where I put things.

But I leave the clothes for the butler to hang up in the closet.

It gives me more time to relax before the muster drill.

Enjoy your suite.

HELP; I want to surprise my wife on our 61st annv. with a suite on the SILLY in Dec. 2018 but i am wondering how much to tip the Butler on a 10 day cruise?? We have never been in a suite & I figured its now or never ( were not getting any younger she is 79 & I am 84). I dont think we will be wanting any special service but dont want to gyp the guy out of his hard earned money. HELP HELP an old man who dosent want to be known as CHEAP. Is there an amount per day that is accecptable?

george35

HELP; I want to surprise my wife on our 61st annv. with a suite on the SILLY in Dec. 2018 but i am wondering how much to tip the Butler on a 10 day cruise?? We have never been in a suite & I figured its now or never ( were not getting any younger she is 79 & I am 84). I dont think we will be wanting any special service but dont want to gyp the guy out of his hard earned money. HELP HELP an old man who dosent want to be known as CHEAP. Is there an amount per day that is accecptable?

george35

Celebrity charges an automatic daily service charge if you do not pre-pay your gratuities. The butler is covered by this - so absolutely no need to tip the butler any additional. If you do end up using the butler a great deal (or the butler exceeds expectations and provides exemplary service) tipping a bit extra is nice, but not required. There is no right/wrong amount - it is based on the level of service provided and what you personally are comfortable with.

Have a wonderful cruise; the suite life on Celebrity is very nice and will be a special way to celebrate the anniversary. :)

george35

You aren't obligated to give anything above the amount they recommend, but we've always given something extra because our butler has always made our cruises more special. Bringing morning coffee, setting up breakfast on the balcony, a shrimp cocktail in the afternoon, and just generally being there for whatever we ask for. Whatever you give will be appreciated, a few dollars a day, or more if they have done a lot for you. Have a wonderful time and make sure you visit Michael's Club, a great suite perk.:D

My first Celebrity cruise is in November. I know it is "only" Infinity but it will get me started. The thought of having a suite restaurant on every ship is simply wonderful. I hope I can have sliced avocado as a snack in the afternoon. Shrimp cocktail sounds really good too.

As far as we are concerned we try and stop the butlers sneaking in extras as there is only so much that you can eat, but they usually manage it if we are reading/listening to music or asleep on the balcony. We don't really like wasting food. I know it is prepared for them anyway but you always feel that you should attempt what they bring.

My first Celebrity cruise is in November. I know it is "only" Infinity but it will get me started. The thought of having a suite restaurant on every ship is simply wonderful. I hope I can have sliced avocado as a snack in the afternoon. Shrimp cocktail sounds really good too.

We have had little sticks of carrot, celery etc as part of a snack but I don’t think I have ever seen avocado on a cruise and certainly never in our suite....as a fellow avocado lover what a nice idea!

Has anyone ever been served avocado anywhere on the ship?

As far as we are concerned we try and stop the butlers sneaking in extras as there is only so much that you can eat, but they usually manage it if we are reading/listening to music or asleep on the balcony. We don't really like wasting food. I know it is prepared for them anyway but you always feel that you should attempt what they bring.

A few years ago we cruised from Sydney around the South Pacific islands. We had several days pre and post cruise self catering in Sydney. As we left our first apartment we had several unopened food items including Pringles, cookies and crackers. As we had a second spell of self catering to come we could use them up then. On boarding we simply put them in the cupboard above the wet bar....

Our butler saw them and kept trying to reassure us that he would not let us get hungry on board! I am sure he did not understand our explanation....not only did the afternoon tea, evening cheese or shrimp plate come he would bring cookies with coffee, offered to have cookies and crackers in our room...We thought about opening the Pringles and leaving then out just to see the butlers response...I am sure he would have seen it as a personal insult that we had been hungry in his care!

A few years ago we cruised from Sydney around the South Pacific islands. We had several days pre and post cruise self catering in Sydney. As we left our first apartment we had several unopened food items including Pringles, cookies and crackers. As we had a second spell of self catering to come we could use them up then. On boarding we simply put them in the cupboard above the wet bar....

Our butler saw them and kept trying to reassure us that he would not let us get hungry on board! I am sure he did not understand our explanation....not only did the afternoon tea, evening cheese or shrimp plate come he would bring cookies with coffee, offered to have cookies and crackers in our room...We thought about opening the Pringles and leaving then out just to see the butlers response...I am sure he would have seen it as a personal insult that we had been hungry in his care!

On our last cruise the butler was so desperate to do something for us, he arrived late morning to see if we needed anything to drink from the bar. After much deliberation (we usually only drink in the evening other than a glass of wine at lunch) my wife asked for a Mohito. and I beer. He arrive 10 minutes later with a bucket of Corona and both a Mohito and a Pina Colada. The beer lasted all week. The cocktails disappeared quicker than that. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he didn't leave a bottle opener. I had to buy one in one of the shops on board.

On our last cruise the butler was so desperate to do something for us, he arrived late morning to see if we needed anything to drink from the bar. After much deliberation (we usually only drink in the evening other than a glass of wine at lunch) my wife asked for a Mohito. and I beer. He arrive 10 minutes later with a bucket of Corona and both a Mohito and a Pina Colada. The beer lasted all week. The cocktails disappeared quicker than that. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he didn't leave a bottle opener. I had to buy one in one of the shops on board.

Priceless! ‘Best butler stories’ could be a whole new thread....Hope your bottle opener made a nice souvenir!

Love the smoothies at the aqua spa. Too bad you can’t get them on the classic beverage package anymore.

Rollie

My understanding of the new rules for the classic beverage package is that you can get things that cost more, you just need to pay the difference. At least that's what people report for drinks. It would be worth asking if your suite does not come with the premium beverage package.

We have had little sticks of carrot, celery etc as part of a snack but I don’t think I have ever seen avocado on a cruise and certainly never in our suite....as a fellow avocado lover what a nice idea!

Has anyone ever been served avocado anywhere on the ship?

I asked for and was given it at breakfast along with spinach in Luminae on the Solstice. Presumably you could also ask for it in your suite? Ask and you shall receive (maybe not at the moment with current prices in Australia:D)

I asked for and was given it at breakfast along with spinach in Luminae on the Solstice. Presumably you could also ask for it in your suite? Ask and you shall receive (maybe not at the moment with current prices in Australia:D)

Thanks, I quite fancy some avocado on the balcony late at night with some shrimp and a tasty dip....a nice glass of wine, stars in the sky.....only two months to next cruise, can’t wait!

:cool::hearteyes:<3(y):ship:

Thanks, I quite fancy some avocado on the balcony late at night with some shrimp and a tasty dip....a nice glass of wine, stars in the sky.....only two months to next cruise, can’t wait!

There is often guacamole available in the buffet at the station with the international foods.

Stars in the sky are hit or miss. Several times we tried ordering some, but were unsuccessful.

Edited by varoo

There is often guacamole available in the buffet at the station with the international foods.

Stars in the sky are hit or miss. Several times we tried ordering some, but were unsuccessful.

That's good! Did you try ordering everything under the moon?

Lovely idea! Too bad DH and I must wait five months to next cruise. Good luck on the avocado front:)

• 3 weeks later...
There is only one major problem with suites on any cruise line, you never want to go back to normal cabin, love the size of suite and all the perks .

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but all this talk of Luminai and premium packages makes me have to throw a curve now. After 70 cruises, 26 on Celebrity, we finally got around to trying Regent. All I can say is our next cruise, wherever and whenever, will be on Regent. The two X cruises we have booked for later this year are now in jeopardy.'Nuff said.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but all this talk of Luminai and premium packages makes me have to throw a curve now. After 70 cruises, 26 on Celebrity, we finally got around to trying Regent. All I can say is our next cruise, wherever and whenever, will be on Regent. The two X cruises we have booked for later this year are now in jeopardy.'Nuff said.

Regent is on our list of cruises to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone confirm this, please? Our "3rd" doesn't appear to have the premium drink package, just the classic.

The RS provides for premium bev package for all in the suite. When we boarded, it was missing from the 3rd persons card, the concierge in Michaels resolved immediately. The suite benefits for RS quote as being available for all in the suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums