Will Seaside still go to Jamaica?

calgaryhhr

Got anything for Nassau? Friends recommended a place but it's the same place we've already eaten there twice. Originally thought we'd go to Graycliff Chocolatier there but with so much chocolate on the ship we may just stay on the ship.

The only thing I have in Nassau is the Daq Shack. When we were there back in 2013 with our adult kids, we made that our excursion for the day. We took the local jitney (public van service), got our drinks, and went back. Here's the thread here on CC where it was discussed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1555151

I had considered doing a food tour the last time we were there, but we were there on Sunday and they do not run it then because most of the places are closed.

https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/tour/bites-of-nassau-food-tasting-cultural-walking-tour/

People would be interested in reading the travel warnings for travelers entering the United States from other countries! These warnings have been in place for years but both the U.S. and Canadian governments have recently decided to give levels to the warnings. Stay on the beaten path, don't accept rides from strangers, don't flash money and credit cards around, keep valuables close to your body and use the buddy system when walking around town! Just be cautious and use common sense! You will be fine and have a great time! Jamaica is a wonderful and beautiful island. The people are awesome! Enjoy!

People would be interested in reading the travel warnings for travelers entering the United States from other countries! These warnings have been in place for years but both the U.S. and Canadian governments have recently decided to give levels to the warnings. Stay on the beaten path, don't accept rides from strangers, don't flash money and credit cards around, keep valuables close to your body and use the buddy system when walking around town! Just be cautious and use common sense! You will be fine and have a great time! Jamaica is a wonderful and beautiful island. The people are awesome! Enjoy!

Its to true .Warnings been issued only last couple weeks. Canadian travel agencies offer free vacation exchange for customers who don't want to go now. Plus if I need to do what you say why I would bother to go a shore? What Jamaica offer then other islands don't, and I am safe there without very pushy vendors and weed offer every 20 sec?

What Jamaica offer then other islands don't, and I am safe there without very pushy vendors and weed offer every 20 sec?
The main two attractions would be Dunn's River Falls and Mystic Mountain. If you've seen them, then you might as well just stay on board unless you want to visit a local shop to get the good Blue Mountain coffee.

How did you discover this? I would much rather go to Costa Maya (again) versus Nassau (again). Did they email you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was on the itinerary from when I looked at changing my booking (October 2017) and I then moved my booking from its original July 14th date to November 17th.

I'd originally booked last June for July 2018 and that booking included Nassau so I'm not sure if Costa Maya was always scheduled or if its a change.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Got news MSC apparently confirmed on their twitter Ocean Cay won't be available until fall 2019 due to "ongoing environmental due diligence & related highly complex operation".

Elsewhere I read the reason the man-made island was there was because of a dredge operation for aragonite and after they got started working on the island MSC discovered a bunch of environmental issues. Couldn't find exactly what they're finding on the island. Most of the environmental impact statements I found detailed how the dredging activity was damaging to the fish in the water. Not really anything about the land created. I'll just guess the island is whatever was left after crushing out the aragonite. Reportedly they had trouble making it profitable and there were environmental protests so they sold off the island for some quick cash.

I was already planning on not getting off the ship. After hearing Jamaica might be considered the most homophobic place on earth by Time my husband and I were not too thrilled about it.

Now with this I am really not doing it. We miiight, only might, go to Margaritaville cause its right there and you can see the ship. We are not easily scared (we live in Mexico lol) but I am not really excited about being killed on an island where nobody will ever find me haha.

I was already planning on not getting off the ship. After hearing Jamaica might be considered the most homophobic place on earth by Time my husband and I were not too thrilled about it.

Now with this I am really not doing it. We miiight, only might, go to Margaritaville cause its right there and you can see the ship. We are not easily scared (we live in Mexico lol) but I am not really excited about being killed on an island where nobody will ever find me haha.

I think that's highly unlikely near the cruise port.

Its to true .Warnings been issued only last couple weeks. Canadian travel agencies offer free vacation exchange for customers who don't want to go now. Plus if I need to do what you say why I would bother to go a shore? What Jamaica offer then other islands don't, and I am safe there without very pushy vendors and weed offer every 20 sec?

Actually, in the last couple weeks the governments have added a rating system to the travel advisories. I am an employee of a major airline and have been in the travel industry for 20+ years. Need to do what I say?? Not sure what you mean by this, as I would hope that where ever it is that you travel to that your not flashing wads of money around or advertising that you have valuables on your body! Use common sense is all that was meant. There are many highlights to Jamaica... Dunns River Falls, Martha Brae River rafting, Dr's Cave Beach, Blue Hole, Rose Hall Great House, Reach Falls, Mystic Mountain Bobsledding and the list goes on... There are pushy vendors every island you visit. I've been to Jamaica many times and have never been offered "weed" or any other drug for that matter! If you choose not to get off the ship that is your choice but in my opinion you'd be missing aa very beautiful experience. Have a great cruise!:)

Actually, in the last couple weeks the governments have added a rating system to the travel advisories. I am an employee of a major airline and have been in the travel industry for 20+ years. Need to do what I say?? Not sure what you mean by this, as I would hope that where ever it is that you travel to that your not flashing wads of money around or advertising that you have valuables on your body! Use common sense is all that was meant. There are many highlights to Jamaica... Dunns River Falls, Martha Brae River rafting, Dr's Cave Beach, Blue Hole, Rose Hall Great House, Reach Falls, Mystic Mountain Bobsledding and the list goes on... There are pushy vendors every island you visit. I've been to Jamaica many times and have never been offered "weed" or any other drug for that matter! If you choose not to get off the ship that is your choice but in my opinion you'd be missing aa very beautiful experience. Have a great cruise!:)

My husband was asked if he wanted weed in the shopping area they take you to just before going back to the ship, this was last year.

We had been in the ship tour to the Green Grotto Caves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said I saw it once and it was enough. I visited almost all Caribbean islands and many countries in Central America and I never saw vendors as pushy as on Jamaica.