Are pools and hot tubs accessible 24 hours a day?

FrickeNomads

I was wondering if the pools and hot tubs on Princess lines are open 24 by 7? I’m sure there probably is some sort of maintenance schedule but outside of that I would think the pools would be open all the time.

I did a search on CC and online and found a post back from 2013 saying at least one pool/hot tub was always open. This is somewhat aged information and would like to see if this is still accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering if the pools and hot tubs on Princess lines are open 24 by 7? I’m sure there probably is some sort of maintenance schedule but outside of that I would think the pools would be open all the time.

I did a search on CC and online and found a post back from 2013 saying at least one pool/hot tub was always open. This is somewhat aged information and would like to see if this is still accurate.

They close about 11:00 from memory, not sure how/if they police it

They close about 11:00 from memory, not sure how/if they police it

Depending on where in the world the ship is, and where the pool is, they close between 10pm to midnight. If it's in a cold climate, the aft upper deck hottubs and spa pool and tubs close pretty sharp at 10 as deck hands cover with netting. Eventually the terrace pool(if your ship has this) is covered and then the midship pools. The netting is the only thing keeping you out,physically anyway.

Oh, is that what the netting is for? They should have posted a sign.

I thought we were having American Ninja training going on, what with the cargo netting. It was very uncomfortable to lie on top of the netting and have the water splash up, so I gave up after about five minutes.

I thought we were having American Ninja training going on, what with the cargo netting. It was very uncomfortable to lie on top of the netting and have the water splash up, so I gave up after about five minutes.

:D You should have taken a selfie.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I did see a video where a pool had netting on it, however the ship must have been in some bad weather as the water in the pool was splashing all about so I thought the netting was there to keep people out and/or from accidentally falling in. Kind of a bummer they close early. I was thinking of getting my wife to go with me at around 1AM onto the terrace pool (on the Ruby) and just looking out into the black night, listing to the ocean sounds and have the place to ourselves more or less.

In 2000 my new husband and I took the Sapphire Princess to Alaska. We sat in the hot tub to watch the sun go down at 11pm. We drank beer and wine that we brought on board at every port and even swam in the pool all alone at 4am after eating from the 24hr restaurant occupied mainly by crew members.

Ahhhh the life. We called it the “no rules cruise”

In 2000 my new husband and I took the Sapphire Princess to Alaska. We sat in the hot tub to watch the sun go down at 11pm. We drank beer and wine that we brought on board at every port and even swam in the pool all alone at 4am after eating from the 24hr restaurant occupied mainly by crew members.

Ahhhh the life. We called it the “no rules cruise”

Outstanding...

I think that is when they also mega dose the pool to kill all the nasties.

I have heard they do go UBER strong with the chemicals ......

Depending upon where your bathing suit was made you may enter respectable and exit memorable .... Unless your bathing suit is made of the same rope/netting .....:cool:

I think that is when they also mega dose the pool to kill all the nasties.

I have heard they do go UBER strong with the chemicals ......

Depending upon where your bathing suit was made you may enter respectable and exit memorable .... Unless your bathing suit is made of the same rope/netting .....:cool:

Consider avoiding the tubs the last night, I've noticed the temp goes up to a lobster boil early evening. The maintenance team wants to get the net on, spread some chemicals and the higher temp drive folks out...tubs are ready for the next cruise.