McKinley Princess Shuttle

bookteacher

When we were there last year, it ran every hour on the hour starting at 7 AM with the last shuttle leaving at 5 PM. From Talkeetna to the lodge, they ran on the half hour with the first at 11:30, then on the half hour through 7:30. There was one last one back to the lodge at 9 PM. Cost is $10 round trip per person.

Dear Azbirdmom,

Thank you! This is just the information I was looking for. I could not seem to find it anywhere. My husband and I are excited about our July cruisetour and trying to figure out what we will be able to fit in on each day. You have really helped me.

• 3 weeks later...

Another question on this same question: We will be getting off the train in Talkeetna and want to stay in town to do a flight seeing tour and other things. We want to take the shuttle to the Lodge later that evening. What can we do with our luggage when we get off the train before we go to the Lodge? Thank you

We took the train to Talkeetna and stayed in town to walk around a bit. You don't need much time for this but we were glad we did. We walked thru town to the water and had other great views of Mt. McKinley. We then took a later shuttle to the lodge (this saves time as I recall it was a bit of a ride...maybe 45 minutes) from town to the lodge. Princess just kept our luggage and it was at the lodge when we got there.

Dear Azbirdmom,

Thank you! This is just the information I was looking for. I could not seem to find it anywhere. My husband and I are excited about our July cruisetour and trying to figure out what we will be able to fit in on each day. You have really helped me.

Personally I would not take the one-hour each way bus ride to just walk around Talkeetna. The two hours plus waiting for the shuttle is not worth it to us.

When we saw Talkeetna it was two ways:

a) We had a Princess excursion that ended there, so we spent some time walking around before taking the shuttle back to the lodge (no charge for the shuttle as it was included in the tour).

b) On departure morning for the train, we took an early bus to Talkeetna to visit the museum there before going on to the train (no charge for the shuttle as it was included for the ride to the train.)

We took the train to Talkeetna and stayed in town to walk around a bit. You don't need much time for this but we were glad we did. We walked thru town to the water and had other great views of Mt. McKinley. We then took a later shuttle to the lodge (this saves time as I recall it was a bit of a ride...maybe 45 minutes) from town to the lodge. Princess just kept our luggage and it was at the lodge when we got there.

Thank you for the reply. This is just what we want to do. We are going to book a flight tour to see Mt McKinley with a glacier landing, but wanted to make sure we could get back to the lodge.

When we were there last year, it ran every hour on the hour starting at 7 AM with the last shuttle leaving at 5 PM. From Talkeetna to the lodge, they ran on the half hour with the first at 11:30, then on the half hour through 7:30. There was one last one back to the lodge at 9 PM. Cost is $10 round trip per person.

Excellent! Thank you for this information.

Dear Azbirdmom,

You are very welcome. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums