LIVE from Ruby Princess 16 December 2017

cougaraz

cougaraz, unless I miss my guess, it was you that my DH chatted with at the Captain's Circle party. ;) We were seated with three others at a floor table directly in front of you.

Fun to read how much you enjoyed the food! But, inquiring minds want to know... How do you pack all that away?!? What's your secret? I feel like I pretty much picked at my food all week, and I still don't want to eat for the next three weeks. (One will certainly not starve on Princess.)

Agree with you on the funky way they handled excursions in Puerta Vallarta. As we were getting up to leave the theater, I asked DH why we bothered going to the theater?

We were both quite impressed with the efficiency of the tender operation in Cabo. We went to collect tender tickets and were instead ushered directly on a tender. No waiting coming back, either.

Saw more "interesting" passenger behavior on this cruise than we've ever experienced on Princess. Also saw quite a number of people who didn't dress according to code for dinner, and weren't turned away.

Our cabin steward was also a ghost, but highly efficient. We noticed our door lock blinking yellow when we boarded; I was waiting for the day it wouldn't open. Unlike other cruises, I never had to call this to our steward's attention; he took the initiative and had it taken care of. Also, on PV evening we had UBD booked. I inquired with the steward that morning about washing our balcony (soot-covered R751), which he took care of even though it was not balcony-washing time.

A few shout-outs to exceptional crew members -- Gideon in Vines (very pleasant and really on top of things!) and Ryan (sr. bar staff, in Skywalkers for PES cocktail hour). Be sure to look them up!

This was our first time sailing out of the west coast, and first time to Mexican Riviera. The weather was more chilly than we would have liked. (Yes, I knew about this ahead of time.) Having done it once, I don't think we'll do it again... at least, at this time of year.

Favorite Port: Cabo San Lucas, for whale and sea lion watching. We both agreed we like Cabo enough that we may wish to return there for a land-based vacation some time.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, cougaraz!

We were on the same cruise , had a fantastic time ..weather was the best we have ever had doing Mexico run.

FOOD ..still full . The Stollen every morning ..Nutella Donuts only had one as I am sure it was a yummy 1000.000 calories . Dinner always delicious ...grandkids loved the afternoon Chocolate Fountain .

We are on this cruise in Feb. I am just wondering how you felt about the ports safety? With the alerts we have read about we are still unsure as to what we are going to do in port... thanks!

Enjoyed your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also going on this same cruise in Feb. There are guideline on the state department site but still scary. This will be our first time visiting these ports guess we'll stay close to the piers. I was excited until recently published news articles. OP we enjoyed the review and pics thanks for talking the time to post.

Edited by Salty Pearls

We are on this cruise in Feb. I am just wondering how you felt about the ports safety? With the alerts we have read about we are still unsure as to what we are going to do in port... thanks!

Enjoyed your review!

We did this cruise the week before. We got off in PV and Mazatlan, have no concerns over safety what so ever. Now we didn’t go off the beaten path, but walked around both of the city centers. Never once felt uncomfortable or unsafe.

We are also going on this same cruise in Feb. There are guideline on the state department site but still scary. This will be our first time visiting these ports guess we'll stay close to the piers. I was excited until recently published news articles. OP we enjoyed the review and pics thanks for talking the time to post.
I would not have any worries about safety in the ports beyond what would be common sense travelling elsewhere in the world. Be smart, but don't travel scared.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Enjoyed your review!

I had no concerns about my safety in port. The same common sense you would apply in New York, LA, London, Rome or Dubai applies. Be smart, but don't travel scared.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks for a great review, menus and patters! We were on the Ruby Inaugural in November of 2008 and loved her then and can't wait to get back on her in 12 days!

I am going to starve myself for the next 11 days to get ready to feast! Food looked fabulous but we expected that being Princess lovers....

Thanks again for helping us "get ready"

Edited by cinbol
sp

• 3 weeks later...
I love the peanut butter cookies and am always on the prowl for them when on the ship. In Cabo we always wait to leave the ship until the herd has gone ashore and then it is off to Cabo Wabo for drinks and a snack plus they have free WiFi. I love the live music for entertainment. We were on the same cruise last month. Thanks for the posts.

Thumbs up on peanut butter cookies...and your Golden Retriever. Golden Retrievers are THE BEST. :hearteyes:

You Rock! I was sort of hesitant to look at the menus, the daily patter since I usually like to be surprised. But sitting here at work and trying to get motivated I found it gave me more to look forward to. Plus you cruise with an attitude of real gratitude to be there. Always something to note that could be fixed or improved but in general everything is amazing and its good to be out on the sea.

• 2 weeks later...