From AquaClass to Sky Suite... worth it?

Alex81

The drinks in Michael's are part of your suite fare. They serve a menu of typical drinks, but not the fancy specialty drinks from say the Martini bar that many people purchase the premium drink package to access.

In my experience (Infinity and Summit) Michael's really aims to please and if you request a particular cocktail/wine/spirit etc. they will do the best to obtain it for you if it is not in stock there. While they may lack the equipment to make some slushy type drinks, they do provide a wide variety of beverages. They also (in my experience) accommodate reasonable requests above the price of the premium package. For example if you find a wine you enjoy at a venue on board and it costs say $16/glass, if you request that it be available at Michael's more-likely-than-not they will have it for you within a day or two. My last cruise they were nice enough to obtain a bottle of sake from Sushi on 5 I enjoy as well as a bottle of green chartreuse and a couple different amaros for after dinner drinks. They obtained sparkling rose for my wife upon request and also made her an ice cream based boozy concoction for her. This is something that is likely to vary somewhat based on the particular staff at Michael's on any given sailing, but in general they do their best to accommodate reasonable requests.

The other thing I forgot to mention was room service in our suite. You have a menu with more items to choose from and the best part is you get to choose the arrival time. Typically we would get a phone call and less that a minute there was a knock on the door and our food arrived. They will even deliver and set up your meal. In the staterooms they just deliver it within a pre determined window time and they don’t set it up. Our neighbors one night had dinner in their suite and the three course meal was delivered one course at time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Setting up a meal by course is not guaranteed, it really depends on how good your Butler is, this used to be something that was standard but not anymore. It is not a perk of the suites. We've never had a problem in regular cabins with them setting up the meal and always received the meals when we wanted it.

Thank you all for your help. I went ahead and upgraded to Sky Suite.

But it was complicated!

I had called customer service and they said that the price was much higher than what I was seeing on the website. I asked the agent to go on the website and she kept saying that I was looking at the wrong thing. I hate it when you keep saying that I'm wrong when I know that I am right. Finally, I put a courtesy hold on the SS directly on the website and I gave the reservation number. She confirmed that I was right and she finally did the upgrade for 1k. I'm not blaming the agent... but it seems that there is a disconnect between their website and their computer system. Overall, it was a 30 minutes call.

But I do not care.... it's going to be all worth it when we get to our SS :-)

We just returned from a 14 day Caribbean cruise aboard Eclipse in a Sky Suite. We've previously always been Aqua Class. Pros\cons: The cabin and balcony was a bit larger and we had a lot more storage. Bathroom storage was also larger but we don't feel a need to have a tub. Suite Concierge Sara in Michaels Club fixed our problems, advised/booked excursions and was terrific. We went to tea in MC once but didn't really dig the old-school, dark vibe of the place. Didn't use the butler much and frankly, it could have been his lack of anticipating our needs or our lack of understanding how to best use his services. Loved Luminae's food and service. But is it really better than Blu? They are both terrific. We actually prefer Blu's closer tables because it helps to facilitate discussion. But both restaurants do a nice job of creating a sense of community aboard a large ship.

Was it worth it? If you can upgrade to a suite for a under $1000, maybe. Otherwise, we will continue to enjoy Aqua class and feel it's a better value.

But it was complicated!

I had called customer service and they said that the price was much higher than what I was seeing on the website. I asked the agent to go on the website and she kept saying that I was looking at the wrong thing. I hate it when you keep saying that I'm wrong when I know that I am right. Finally, I put a courtesy hold on the SS directly on the website and I gave the reservation number. She confirmed that I was right and she finally did the upgrade for 1k. I'm not blaming the agent... but it seems that there is a disconnect between their website and their computer system. Overall, it was a 30 minutes call.

Congratulations! My DH and I have never been sorry when we have upgraded to a Sky Suite. That's a great rate that you saw and secured. We don't see those too often and are staying in the AQ for our upcoming cruise. Enjoy! ;)

But it was complicated!

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful suite cruise. Just a couple of extra bits of advice...

Firstly, think pre cruise of anything that would enhance your cruise...for example, we ask our butler to leave a shrimp platter in our suite each evening to enjoy with a last drink on the balcony. They will also sort out cheese plates, fruit plates....

Secondly, on boarding let the concierge know if you are interested in bridge tours, backstage tours, galley tours....you are more likely to get them if you request early on in the cruise.

Finally, just enjoy, the problem is once you have experienced the suite life...........

But it was complicated!

Congratulations. I predict that you be very pleased. $36 a day per person over Aqua Class is well worth it IMO. I am a little surprised that someone that has cruised in a Sky Suite with the new benefits package would not agree , unless they just can not afford the expense.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yeah, those are not given to Sky Suites. In a Royal or Penthouse Suite, yes,.

We are new to Celebrity and will be taking our first voyage in October in a Royal Suite. The laundry question is important to us so I’m looking to clarify! I didn’t see anything in their literature that laundry is a Suite perk but maybe it is? Tha would be fantastic.

We are new to Celebrity and will be taking our first voyage in October in a Royal Suite. The laundry question is important to us so I’m looking to clarify! I didn’t see anything in their literature that laundry is a Suite perk but maybe it is? Tha would be fantastic.

As long as you don’t abuse the system (send in the laundry for numerous family members in regular cabins) you will pretty much have unlimited laundry and pressing and some dry cleaning too!

The drinks in Michael's are part of your suite fare. They serve a menu of typical drinks, but not the fancy specialty drinks from say the Martini bar that many people purchase the premium drink package to access.

You can order and take your drinks out of Michael's. Michael's also has a cooler stocked with water bottles and cans of soda that you can take with you.

Unfortunately only one or two of the S class ships has the coolers. They also have a cabinet behind the bar where they keep the better liquor. All you have to do is ask, and they will usually get it for you.

Here is the Eclipse deck plan, the gents and ladies rest rooms are right outside Michaels club located on Deck 5 near the Ensemble lounge. It is true though that there are not any restrooms in Michaels itself.

As for Luminae located on deck 3, the ladies is right outside the entrance and the gents across the hallway on the other side

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Eclipse

There are also some very good cabin plans, for less than $50 per person per day, I would jump at taking a suite gty.

I love TA’s.

That's exactly what I remember!

As long as you don’t abuse the system (send in the laundry for numerous family members in regular cabins) you will pretty much have unlimited laundry and pressing and some dry cleaning too!

Great news! Help me understand though ... is this because the perk is subject to interpretation or does It actually come with the Suite and the common courtesy that it’s just for our cabin is to be practiced?

Great news! Help me understand though ... is this because the perk is subject to interpretation or does It actually come with the Suite and the common courtesy that it’s just for our cabin is to be practiced?

When the suite life was first introduced PH and RS were described as having ‘unlimited laundry’ by our second cruise the wording had changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about the change and he explained that on a few occasions extended families with one family in a PH or RS had sent in masses of washing, pressing, dry cleaning....Hence, the introduction of the re phrasing so that if anyone does abuse the perk staff can say ‘no more free...’.

I think the experience for most of us is that no one is counting......Two loads of washing is plenty for us usually anyway but we have sent in quite a bit of pressing and never been charged.

Hope this makes sense!

Hello all

We are booked on a 2 weeks TA in April on the Reflection in an AQ stateroom. It was originally booked GTY but our stateroom is now assigned. We were perfectly happy with AQ in the past. However we just noticed that the price of Sky Suite GTY is only $1,000 more in total ($500 pp). I am quite curious about Luminae. Is it way better than Blu? We have been happy with Blu. However I'm getting a little nervous as we sailed twice with Eclipse and I have been reading that Blu is busier on the Reflection due to the extra AQ staterooms.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it to spend that extra 1k to upgrade to Sky Suite GTY.

Thank you! :D

I'm not sure if you've booked the suite but as of now there is only 1 left and the gty is the same price as selecting the room. At $2949 for a senior, it seems like a good price. If you want it, I would move quickly before someone here decides to take it.

Yes we booked and got a really good deal when booking GTY. We were not a big fan of the assigned room but were happy to get an S1. So I called customer service and we moved for a stateroom on the hump. We prefer to stay away from the overhang and have the extra sun instead.

We are now getting very excited when reading about the suite experience! Only 79 days to go before our TA :D :cool:

When the suite life was first introduced PH and RS were described as having ‘unlimited laundry’ by our second cruise the wording had changed to ‘twice per cruise’. We asked our butler about the change and he explained that on a few occasions extended families with one family in a PH or RS had sent in masses of washing, pressing, dry cleaning....Hence, the introduction of the re phrasing so that if anyone does abuse the perk staff can say ‘no more free...’.

I think the experience for most of us is that no one is counting......Two loads of washing is plenty for us usually anyway but we have sent in quite a bit of pressing and never been charged.

Hope this makes sense!

We were in a RS last summer on 10 day Med cruise. Butler reminded us that all laundry would be free. Being worried about potential clothes shrinkage with hot water laundry, we asked butler about cost of dry cleaning nearly everything. He indicated it would be taken care of and we were not charged the entire cruise, but we did not abuse the perk either. Butler got a nice bonus tip for that...

Yes we booked and got a really good deal when booking GTY. We were not a big fan of the assigned room but were happy to get an S1. So I called customer service and we moved for a stateroom on the hump. We prefer to stay away from the overhang and have the extra sun instead.

We are now getting very excited when reading about the suite experience! Only 79 days to go before our TA :D :cool:

What S1 did you receive that was on the hump or which deck? What price did you pay for the GTY?