Photo Package

Work2cruz!

Does anyone know if the price on board is the same as cruiseplanner?

Right now it’s $200.00 for my upcoming 14 Night Eclipse Cruise? Thinking of getting it with OBC. Also feedback from anyone who purchased in the past. Can I get other guests in the shots with us etc... thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just back from a 7 night cruise on Equinox. It was more to buy onboard. We had it for our cabin and our kids cabin was also linked to the package once we boarded (at no extra charge) We took a ton of pictures. We were traveling with a group of 16. At leSt half the pictures had other of our traveling companions in them. It was a great deal. Came home with so many great pictures.

A frequent package buyer. $200 for a 7 night cruise is definitely the best price you are likely to see. On board it will probably be $250, and if you buy in the first two days, will include both prints and CD. With that combo, any Captain's Club discounts are not honored either.

While you can have as many people as you want in a photo, for it to be included, one of the passengers in your cabin must be in the picture. The only exception is minor children staying in a separate cabin. So one member of a large party cannot gather everyone's individual photos and include them in the package. Largely, this rule is enforced through facial recognition software that automatically adds the photos to your account. But if you are getting the disc, don't rely on the auto add feature and check to make sure all your photos are on your disc, as often a few get missed.

And if you pay for the package, take LOTS of pictures. Stop for the corny port photos (we love including them in the photo book we do at the end of every cruise), hit all the photo stations on board every night etc. The photographers will get to know you and you will have great souvenirs from your trip.

A frequent package buyer. $200 for a 7 night cruise is definitely the best price you are likely to see. On board it will probably be $250, and if you buy in the first two days, will include both prints and CD. With that combo, any Captain's Club discounts are not honored either.

While you can have as many people as you want in a photo, for it to be included, one of the passengers in your cabin must be in the picture. The only exception is minor children staying in a separate cabin. So one member of a large party cannot gather everyone's individual photos and include them in the package. Largely, this rule is enforced through facial recognition software that automatically adds the photos to your account. But if you are getting the disc, don't rely on the auto add feature and check to make sure all your photos are on your disc, as often a few get missed.

And if you pay for the package, take LOTS of pictures. Stop for the corny port photos (we love including them in the photo book we do at the end of every cruise), hit all the photo stations on board every night etc. The photographers will get to know you and you will have great souvenirs from your trip.

Thanks for the feedback - it's 200.00 USD for 14 nights. Sounds like I should book it. We're traveling with another couple so it would be great to get them in a few shots as well - thanks for the info

We had it when we sailed with another couple. We took lots of pictures. The only thing we were unprepared for was how much room they took up and how heavy they were in the luggage. Still worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buy it before for the best price! But it might be a good use of obc if you don’t have any other plans for it.

We strongly recommend the package, however you pay for it. we are both photographers and so we are NEVER in the picture, we took every opportunity during the cruise for a photo and were loaded up by the end, it’s a VERY good deal in my opinion.

When you buy the package, are you given a release letter so you can take the memory stick to a Walgreens or Walmart and have the pictures printed? I cannot seem to get this question answered by calling Celebrity.

Yes, you are given the release so you can do whatever you want with the pictures. Also, we have tried recently to scan a print that we bought because we didn't want a full package. There is a coating on it that makes it look terrible when you scan it. I just wanted it to be a little smaller for a frame and wasn't able to have them print it any smaller on the ship.

And I'll echo other advice I've read to take as many shots as you can and then try to remember everywhere you had it done. They had to "locate" a few of our shots that didn't make it into our pack of prints that we knew we had taken.

Does anyone know if the price on board is the same as cruiseplanner?

Right now it’s $200.00 for my upcoming 14 Night Eclipse Cruise? Thinking of getting it with OBC. Also feedback from anyone who purchased in the past. Can I get other guests in the shots with us etc... thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the eclipse and the all in picture package the best bargain on the cruise. Yes you can take pictures with other people in other cabins as long as you or your cabin partner(s) are included in the photograph. We just booked the package for a one week cruise and paid the same as we did for the two week cruise

• 3 months later...
We just back from a 7 night cruise on Equinox. It was more to buy onboard. We had it for our cabin and our kids cabin was also linked to the package once we boarded (at no extra charge) We took a ton of pictures. We were traveling with a group of 16. At leSt half the pictures had other of our traveling companions in them. It was a great deal. Came home with so many great pictures.

When you linked the rooms together did that mean that you could use any of the seapass cards when taking the pictures, and they would all show up in the package? Asking because we are cruising in a few weeks and I wanted to buy this package and was wondering how i worked to link both rooms together. (Parents in one and "kids" in another, one kid still under 21 so it falls under the terms)

Just off Constellation today (15 day cruise) and it was $250 for everything the first two/three days, PLUS Captain’s Club discount. It then went up to $350, although it did drop again. I guess there wasn’t much take up.

It was $200 in the planner pre-cruise. The Captain’s Club discount is only available on board.

Just off Constellation today (15 day cruise) and it was $250 for everything the first two/three days, PLUS Captain’s Club discount. It then went up to $350, although it did drop again. I guess there wasn’t much take up.

It was $200 in the planner pre-cruise. The Captain’s Club discount is only available on board.

Only once was I able to combine the early bird discount (first couple days) with the Captain's Club discount.

However, now I always purchase the photo package directly from the photography company. Has always been the lowest price available (although I haven't compared to the cruise planner lately to see if they are the same).

https://www.mycruisephotos.com/

Mike

Only once was I able to combine the early bird discount (first couple days) with the Captain's Club discount.

I asked Captain's Club if it was combinable pre-cruise when I booked the unlimited internet and was told it wasn't. They said it was only combinable on board. My recent experience says the non-combinable pre-cruise price was better than the combinable on board price. I asked in the Photo Gallery if the CC discount was combinable with the $100 off offer and was told it was.

As it was I didn't buy it either way. I was in two minds pre-cruise and then chose not to when I saw the price on board.

Definitely purchase in advance - I regularly purchase the all inclusive photo package, and have never found it cheaper on board than in advance.

I recommend looking daily for the hard copies of any photos taken, and comparing them to the digital copies they have on the computer system. Occasionally, a hard copy print is not automatically loaded on to your digital account, so if you don't catch that, you won't receive the digital photo when you're given your link to download the photos after the cruise,(whereas if you point it out to them with the hard copy in hand, they can locate the digital copy and put it on your digital account.)

• 3 months later...

I am intrigued by this thread, but have never purchased one of these packages to date. Can one of you walk me through the basics? Our interest would be to come away with a number of ship photos that we could incorporate into a Shutterfly type photo book that we would assemble after the cruise. Most of the photos would be from off the ship. I don't have much interest in having a bunch of prints (no place to display them).

I just looked at my next cruise, and there are three packages, all are listed as 20% off. The "all inclusive digital plus prints" seems self-explanatory? The "12 prints photo package" sounds like you don't get digital access (and therefore would have trouble getting these photos into a Shutterfly book, for example). Correct? Do you get to choose the 12 photos? I assume so.

Finally, the "12 photo package online" sounds like you get digital access but no prints. Again, I assume you get to choose the 12 photos that go on the website to download? This might work best for someone planning to do a photo book. After all, how many shots from the ship (as opposed to the excursions) can you include in a single book? Thanks for your help.

Tom & Judy

Edited by TFree
To explain my goal better

The package is well worth it. Typically we get 200 /300 plus photos. The all inclusive package now is available on a jump drive. You get all and when home we decide which pictures we want to print or put in a picture book from an on line vendor like———-fly. If you figure the cost of each picture averages $25 dollars a real no brainer. You can include other family members in some pictures from other staterooms, as long as a person from the stateroom that purchased the photo package is in the picture. We have also had attached staterooms for our grandchildren and they took individual pictures. The package which is typically on sale before your cruise is a bargain The jump drive is so much better then carrying the hard copies home

The package is well worth it. Typically we get 200 /300 plus photos. The all inclusive package now is available on a jump drive. You get all and when home we decide which pictures we want to print or put in a picture book from an on line vendor like———-fly. If you figure the cost of each picture averages $25 dollars a real no brainer. You can include other family members in some pictures from other staterooms, as long as a person from the stateroom that purchased the photo package is in the picture. We have also had attached staterooms for our grandchildren and they took individual pictures. The package which is typically on sale before your cruise is a bargain The jump drive is so much better then carrying the hard copies home

We get the full package on every cruise. I've never seen a jump drive on Celebrity. We used to get a CD on the last night of the cruise with all the pictures. Just got off the Silhouette 2 weeks ago and now we get an email with a link to download the pictures.

When did you get the usb stick?

Mike

We get the full package on every cruise. I've never seen a jump drive on Celebrity. We used to get a CD on the last night of the cruise with all the pictures. Just got off the Silhouette 2 weeks ago and now we get an email with a link to download the pictures.

When did you get the usb stick?

Mike

Mike

Usb stick on Royal only now. Yes you download still with Celebrity! We will be on the edge in December, maybe a jump drive then. Sorry for the misinformation. But I highly recommend the all inclusive package on Royal or Celebrity!

Mike

Usb stick on Royal only now. Yes you download still with Celebrity! We will be on the edge in December, maybe a jump drive then. Sorry for the misinformation. But I highly recommend the all inclusive package on Royal or Celebrity!

Ah, ok. We'll be on Royal for 5 days starting new year's eve. Was just looking at the photo package. $160 for 5 nights:o. Still worth it, but a bit of sticker shock. We just paid $200 for our 14 night cruise on Celebrity. Apparently no Diamond discount on the package like we get on Celebrity either.....

Mike

Ah, ok. We'll be on Royal for 5 days starting new year's eve. Was just looking at the photo package. $160 for 5 nights:o. Still worth it, but a bit of sticker shock. We just paid $200 for our 14 night cruise on Celebrity. Apparently no Diamond discount on the package like we get on Celebrity either.....

Mike

Yes weird about price we paid $200 for one or two weeks. But did you see if 20% discount on line? Keep checking the website

I bet New Years and Christmas weeks expensive without a discount. We will be on the edge for New Years