House (Party Band) Currently on the Eclipse

lifeisrealygood

My wife & I are scheduled for the March 18th sailing on the Eclipse out of Miami.

Can anyone who has recently cruised on the Eclipse tell us who the party or house band was on the ship? That is, the live band that plays around the pool, oftentimes in the foyer before dinner, up in the Sky Lounge late night, and sometimes for the theme nights around the pool or elsewhere on the ship?

Who are they, were they any good, and where are they in relation to their contract? That is, would they still be on the ship for the March 18th sailing?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a long running thread on this forum titled 'Who's on board - Officers staff and crew'. It includes a regularly updated spreadsheet of information, including the House band. I have also seen similar questions to yours posted so try that. Enjoy you upcoming cruise, I have to wait until September for my cruise on the Eclipse, can't wait :cool:

I am on Eclipse today and the here is a photo of our Activity List here in Barbados. Hope this helps.

b99fb18590c228905563c677e6f33b47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At 10 PM Cachaza tasting (world Class Bar), The first time I taste it was in Rio during the soccer world cup, it is very strong to take it alone, the Campiriña is the most popular cocktail.

I am on Eclipse today and the here is a photo of our Activity List here in Barbados. Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to post the schedule. I hope you are having a wonderful cruise!! We board on March 4 and I am also curious about the house band. Maybe I'm missing something, but it does not appear that they are performing today. Perhaps they have today off as it is the mid-way point on your cruise?? Would you possibly be able to post the schedule again tomorrow (Sunday)? If that is the same as our itinerary, that will be a sea day and it will probably be an Elegant Chic night, so surely the house band will be performing then. Of course, that won't tell us if the same band will still be on the ship in March, but it's a start :cool: Thanks again!

b99fb18590c228905563c677e6f33b47.jpg8cd0d10199f982c015c9539aa0fa74ed.jpg

Thanks so much for posting the Daily.

We sail Feb. 4th and this just helps ramp up the excitement (as if it really need ramping up :))

I notice there are 4 musical groups in addition to the house Band.

Gilly and the Girl - Acoustic Duo

Four Elements - Jazz Quartet

Michael Redden - Solo Guitarist and

Sound Waves - Classical Duo

That's really wonderful and more groups than I remember having for the last couple of years! :D

Thanks Jlhalldc for posting the Celebrity Today activity schedule for Barbados. Although it appears the house band is off on your day in Barbados, another poster stated the house band was Groove. Oftentimes, you can find info on Google about these cruise ship party bands, but not so with the Groove group. Also, the "Who's on Board" tells you nothing about the quality of the bands.

So, thank you very much. We now know that the Groove is the party band, but we still do not know if they are any good, and if they will be on the ship in late March.

The fact that no one seems to be answering this thread with the quality of this group makes me wonder if anyone is listening to them, or if they may not play very much on the Eclipse.

Thanks for the info so far.

Thanks for posting. I was optimistic that they might have Zumba and dance classes for my wife. She loves RCL and all the activities. This cruise coming up on Eclipse in February is my choice. I’m sure we’re going to enjoy.

I hope the dance band is decent.

Thanks for posting. I was optimistic that they might have Zumba and dance classes for my wife. She loves RCL and all the activities. This cruise coming up on Eclipse in February is my choice. I’m sure we’re going to enjoy.

I hope the dance band is decent.

They do have zumba but charge for it. :(

Last year the CD had something similar (I forgot what he called it) outside by the pool on sea days but that will be up to whoever we get as CD this year.

They do have zumba but charge for it. :(

Last year the CD had something similar (I forgot what he called it) outside by the pool on sea days but that will be up to whoever we get as CD this year.

Thanks for the info.

Last time we were on the Equionox the activities staff had a young lady from Canada who kept my wife busy with a Zumba and other dance classes. Shawna was her name.

I’m hoping Eddy the CD will come up with many different activities.

The last 2 cruises were RCL on the Anthem and Grandeur. My wife needed a vacation to rest from the very active cruise. She was dancing all day.

I’m sure we will love the Eclipse. The Equionox was fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we are on board at present ... sailed yesterday so we are on the cruise prior to yours. We like to dance so can appreciate your interest in the music and the bands playing on board. I have no idea about the length of contracts but can tell you that we have two bands performing each evening, the “house band”is called Back Before Sunset and they are playing some upbeat music which is good to jive to and has a party feel to it. The second band is advertised as the “dance band” and they are called Four Elements. They play more traditional dance music including tango, cha cha and rumba so I think you will be well catered for whatever your dance preferences. There is also a pre-recorded playlist to dance to in the Sky Lounge during the early evening. I hope this helps.