Windstar vs Seadream

Four Continents

Hi we are looking at a two week Atlantic crossing on one of these vessels. Can anyone with more knowledge suggest which one might be best? Thanks

I suggest checking both lines forums. My wife has done four crossings on Sea Dream and loved them all. Haven't done Windstar so I can't comment about them.

We’ve done four crossings on the Windsurf but have no experience with Sea Dream.

The ship is generally not full. Per diem fares are lower than other sailings. There are very few scheduled activities, although the cruise-long trivia and build-a-boat are popular. Most people spend their 12-13 days reading or writing. Internet is exceptionally slow. There are no stops. I particularly like the outdoor spaces on the Windsurf and spend quite a bit of time outside. If you want a quiet vacation in the middle of nowhere with good food and great service, this might be a good choice for you. There are several threads on the Windstar forum about the transatlantic sailings.

Here's a link to a recent thread which also links to a review of a Windstar TransAtlantic:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572035&highlight=review

One note: Windstar has two kinds of ship: motor yachts and sail yachts. The review above is about Wind Star, one of the two smaller sail yachts. Wind Surf is also a sail yacht but bigger (slightly over 300 passenger capacity). The standard cabins on all the sail yachts are pretty similar. They are comfortable for two, not huge but well laid out. The three motor yachts are virtually identical to each other. The regular cabins are quite large, 277 sq ft.

I'm equally happy on either the sail or the motor yachts. All have plentiful comfortable shared spaces for their passenger capacity so they never feel crowded.

Edited by new_cruiser