Luggage limit

Lauura

Hi, I am going on my first ever cruise on sapphire princess in July. I haven’t seen any information about luggage. Is there a limit to how much luggage you can take (like they do on flights)?

Also...

We are staying in a balcony stateroom- is there plenty of space to store suitcases away in the room?

Thanks!

Hi, I am going on my first ever cruise on sapphire princess in July. I haven’t seen any information about luggage. Is there a limit to how much luggage you can take (like they do on flights)?

Also...

We are staying in a balcony stateroom- is there plenty of space to store suitcases away in the room?

Thanks!

No limit. I saw people disembarking from a world cruise who had at least 10 matching suitcases loaded on a porter's cart. Since they were matching, I know they were from one couple.

On our last cruise (Hawaii) we took 3 plus 2 carry-ons. We didn't actually over-pack...2 of the suitcases and the carry-ons had household items that we were taking to our place in Kauai. Cheaper than mailing or shipping.:D

You can fit most suitcases under the bed, 2 or 3 will fit there, depending on size. Plus you can store as many as 5 or 6 on the floor of the closet. Lots of room for storage.

Hi and welcome to CC!

No luggage limit. You drop larger bags with porters and they’re delivered to your cabin. Any carry-ons need to fit through normal baggage security screening.

There’s room to store your bags in the ‘closet’ area and under the bed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not aware of a limit on luggage, but do check around for items that are contraband and could be confiscated. ie: iron, some types of electrical extension cords, hard liquor, etc. Wine, 1 per person for free, goes in carry on.

You generally can not carry on checked luggage size yourself as you have to go through a TSA type scanner and must fit. You check your luggage with porters before entering the terminal.

Luggage usually fits nicely under the bed in your cabin

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

Lots of room to store luggage under the bed. If you bring more, it can go into the closet.

When packing, pull out everything you think you might want. Organize it into three piles: need, want and would like. You’ll find that there’s a lot of duplication in types, style, and colors. Pack clothing that can mix and match. I never pack anything that can’t be worn with at least one other piece of clothing or worn only once. Even then, I find I pack too much.

The rule of thumb is to pack half of what you think you’ll need.

Lots of room to store luggage under the bed. If you bring more, it can go into the closet.

When packing, pull out everything you think you might want. Organize it into three piles: need, want and would like. You’ll find that there’s a lot of duplication in types, style, and colors. Pack clothing that can mix and match. I never pack anything that can’t be worn with at least one other piece of clothing or worn only once. Even then, I find I pack too much.

The rule of thumb is to pack half of what you think you’ll need.

AND, bring twice as much money...:)

As others have stated, no limit. my question is why? Quite a few cruises under our belt, we use two medium bags and a carry on. It doesn't hurt anything to over pack, but if you fly you may have to pay for clothes you never wear.

We are lucky enough to drive to most of our ports when cruising from FL. Doesn't much matter as we typically only go with a "carry-on" bag & a back-pack each. Plenty of room for clothes including for formal nights. Only problem we face is when we are on extended trips out of the country and need totally different clothes. We put our empty back-packs in our roller bag and stick them under the beds. Plenty of room. Happy cruising!

Also...

Thanks!

"First-ever cruise"? Be sure your luggage includes a carry-on bag. The general rule is your main luggage is picked up the

night before, and you'll want something to pack your sleepwear and toothbrush in for debarkation. ;)

"First-ever cruise"? Be sure your luggage includes a carry-on bag. The general rule is your main luggage is picked up the

night before, and you'll want something to pack your sleepwear and toothbrush in for debarkation. ;)

Carry on is for more important reason. Very slight chance luggage not getting to your cabin on time. Use carry ON for ALL MEDICATION, JEWELRY, ELECTRONICS, IMPORTANT PAPERS and ONE CHANGE OF CLOTHES.

As a rule, folks buy a fare amount of junk while on vacation. You'll be taking more stuff home than getting on the ship (once brought back a small stained glass window). Get one or two collapsible soft sided "jelly roll" bags. weight very little ans when rolled up take up little space. On board can be used as hamper.

Carry on is for more important reason. Very slight chance luggage not getting to your cabin on time. Use carry ON for ALL MEDICATION, JEWELRY, ELECTRONICS, IMPORTANT PAPERS and ONE CHANGE OF CLOTHES.

As a rule, folks buy a fare amount of junk while on vacation. You'll be taking more stuff home than getting on the ship (once brought back a small stained glass window). Get one or two collapsible soft sided "jelly roll" bags. weight very little ans when rolled up take up little space. On board can be used as hamper.

All true ...and obvious. What's not obvious for 1st timers is they (usually) won't have their main luggage when they get up on debarkation day, no?

Make sure that the clothes you want for Disembarkation, sunscreen, toiletries and personal medications are kept out or packed in the carry on bag so you have them available if you need them-I'm on prescribed medication and the Dr was quite emphatic about taking them at set times to keep the level of medication stable so no problems (asthma, and sometimes I react to something unexpected like a perfume, so I always carry my reliever puffer).

I had a GREAT TIME on my 1st cruise, had to cancel last year, but am eagerly counting the days until I fly to Sydney for 2 nights before boarding the Golden Princess. My hometown has a very limited weekend flight schedule and it just doesn't get me into Sydney at a suitable time, so I'm travelling on Saturday for a Monday sailing.

Do enjoy your cruise.

Also...

Thanks!

Our three grandchildren had no luggage problem.

It was easy choosing what to wear each day.

They just found it in the pile

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

Howard