Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Is this an appropriate comment for a Cruise Critic host? Your words carry more weight now and there is no evidence of welds giving out either on this ship or or Harmony before it. I, personally, do not believe that this shipyard is up to the standards of either Turku or Meyer Werfft, but I also do not believe that the ships built at this shipyards are not seaworthy.

It's a humerous post from an individual who has no affiliation with RCI

Is this an appropriate comment for a Cruise Critic host? Your words carry more weight now and there is no evidence of welds giving out either on this ship or or Harmony before it. I, personally, do not believe that this shipyard is up to the standards of either Turku or Meyer Werfft, but I also do not believe that the ships built at this shipyards are not seaworthy.

Given the history of these threads about ships pending launch...there was one poster who relentlessly posted about how any ship made in the French shipyards were inferior. There was no substance, evidence, nor fact behind those repeated comments on that topic, but they regularly appeared from this poster nonetheless.

Bob's post was nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek reference that many of us would recognize from those repeated episode postings. No harm, no foul.

Given the history of these threads about ships pending launch...there was one poster who relentlessly posted about how any ship made in the French shipyards were inferior. There was no substance, evidence, nor fact behind those repeated comments on that topic, but they regularly appeared from this poster nonetheless.

Bob's post was nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek reference that many of us would recognize from those repeated episode postings. No harm, no foul.

Even my dog gets it. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Geeze, c’mon. He’s one of the best CC hosts out there and makes posting to the CC forums fun. Nothing wrong with making fun of the HoS barbs at STX.

BTW, last time I checked HoS is doing just fine.

Cheers

It was a joke, If you had followed some of the threads about Harmony you would have seen that some people complained about the welds.

Regarding les Chantiers de l'Atlantique, they are up to the very best standards. Since the first few sailings of Harmony I haven't heard anyone complaining about the build quality of the ship. If it wasn't up to the standards RCI wouldn't have signed with them in may 2016 a letter of intent for a 5th oasis class ship.

Turku has also had some issues with newly built ships, just look at the Freedom that had to have a damaged bearing changed on one of it's azipods in Hamburg before it's handover to RCI.

I hope these welding jokes don't interfere with the pre-pre-pre-pre-inaugural cruise.

Because by the inaugural or even the pre-inaugural the best toilet seats had already been used. I once went on a pre-pre-pre inaugural cruise, but that was just full of wanna-bes and posers, everyone knows that one isn't worth the trip. You really need to focus on even-numbered pre-events to get the most out of your money.

RCI should update or expand its trademarked names by September.

They currently hold

2014 Names *Harmony used

•Spectrum of the Seas

•Joy of the Seas

•Emblem of the Seas

•Apex of the Seas

2013 Names *Ovation used

•Pulse of the Seas

•Passion of the Seas

Apex sounds like a new class...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dazzling seemed to be a good clue. Even I got it.

I meant Dazzles, its been 2 years since I've been on an Oasis class, plus I was just looking at pictures. I'm properly shamed. I was hurrying trying to make a joke the boxes were actually single cruiser cabins that were promised and then removed.

Or maybe the bar is now part of the new restaurant?

The artist rendering of the Solarium has a bar on the right hand side; that would be on Deck 15 outside of the Bistro. Of course, in the rendering, the bartender is standing in full sunshine with no cover, which seems as unlikely as the dude on the left wearing blue jeans.

The overall sense I get is that RC felt the bar area on Deck 16 was underutilized on the other ships (but not by me!), which now means less seating area (and less covered seating) in the Solarium compared to Harmony. We shall see where I am going to spend all those sea days on the TA now that Hooked has taken over my favorite place to sit and read a book.

The artist rendering of the Solarium has a bar on the right hand side; that would be on Deck 15 outside of the Bistro. Of course, in the rendering, the bartender is standing in full sunshine with no cover, which seems as unlikely as the dude on the left wearing blue jeans.

The overall sense I get is that RC felt the bar area on Deck 16 was underutilized on the other ships (but not by me!), which now means less seating area (and less covered seating) in the Solarium compared to Harmony. We shall see where I am going to spend all those sea days on the TA now that Hooked has taken over my favorite place to sit and read a book.

We were on Oasis this past June, and I remember thinking how nice it was upstairs in those loungers. I guess the bean counters saw too much non-revenue space ... again.