Which MDR menus for 9-night Silhouette?

Alsmez

Thanks to you fabulous CruiseCritics, I found copies of all 14 of the MDR's current menus, and figured out which seven normally appear on a 7-night cruise. However, we're on a 9-nighter in January, so I was hoping to find out if anyone knows which two of the remaining seven might appear on our sailing! We'll be doing most of our dining in specialty restaurants, but we have a couple of nights where we might hit the MDR and are just hoping to make an informed choice on which menu looks the best. Thanks in advance!

However, we're on a 9-nighter in January

We are also on Silhouette 9-nighter in January, have you determined which nights will be "dress-up / elegant chic / formal" nights? I am guessing night 2 and night 8 but I am unsure...

The menus for 7-night cruises are pretty widely available but I've attached them here for reference. These are "lettered" according to another poster's experience, in the order in which they were served on her 14-night cruise. The seven that are normally served on 7-night cruises are attached to this post - I'll attach the others to another post. The letters on 7-nighters, for clarity's sake, are A, B, C, D, E, G and H, but according to most reports they are served in the following order on 7-night cruises: A, B, C, D G, H, E.

Menu A.pdf

Menu B (Formal-Evening Chic).pdf

Menu C.pdf

Menu D.pdf

Menu E.pdf

Menu G.pdf

Menu H (Formal-Evening Chic).pdf

• Like 1

We are also on Silhouette 9-nighter in January, have you determined which nights will be "dress-up / elegant chic / formal" nights? I am guessing night 2 and night 8 but I am unsure...

That's a good question - I would assume 2 and 8 as well, but I don't know for sure. We did an 11-nighter a few years back and I think they were nights 2 and 9 on that one.

• 1 month later...
Wow, looks like they are trying to force you to pay for dinner. Carnival had better selections. NCL was just better all around.

IF these are accurate 2 years from now, we have a pretty good idea what nights we'll be dining in a specialty restaurant. I noticed that too about Carnival MDR selections. My take is that Carnival has better selections because they really have only the one specialty dining venue (steakhouse), not including the newer Vista class ships with several up charge eateries nor the Chef's Table.

is to guess which menus will be selected, I have seen in reviews that the marked order has not followed, each boat puts its own order. The one that I can assure you is that on the second chic night it will be the lobster menu.

Since you are on board you can see the menus on your room's television.

Thanks for the menus, will be sailing on her 1st trip to Europe to the the fjords in Norway end of April. Do the menus change when the shop comes to Europe ?

The 14 menus are the same no matter where in the world the ship sails. The order very well might change though.

Thanks to you fabulous CruiseCritics, I found copies of all 14 of the MDR's current menus, and figured out which seven normally appear on a 7-night cruise. However, we're on a 9-nighter in January, so I was hoping to find out if anyone knows which two of the remaining seven might appear on our sailing! We'll be doing most of our dining in specialty restaurants, but we have a couple of nights where we might hit the MDR and are just hoping to make an informed choice on which menu looks the best. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for this! Very helpful for our upcoming cruise.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Forums mobile app

The menus for 7-night cruises are pretty widely available but I've attached them here for reference. These are "lettered" according to another poster's experience, in the order in which they were served on her 14-night cruise. The seven that are normally served on 7-night cruises are attached to this post - I'll attach the others to another post. The letters on 7-nighters, for clarity's sake, are A, B, C, D, E, G and H, but according to most reports they are served in the following order on 7-night cruises: A, B, C, D G, H, E.

Thank you very much for sharing these!

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the menus, will be sailing on her 1st trip to Europe to the the fjords in Norway end of April. Do the menus change when the shop comes to Europe ?

hi we are doing the fjords in Septemeber so interested to see what order the menus were for your cruise as im sure it will be the same, we are toying with speciality restaurants but they look quite expensive and if food on MDR is good then we wont waste money. The other item is we are considering upgrading from our classic drinks package to premium, ive heard that they offer discounts on board the first night to do thisso any info would be great.

thanks in advance

Hi we are doing the fjords in September on silhouette so interested to see what order the menus were for your cruise as im sure it will be the same, we are toying with speciality restaurants but they look quite expensive and if food on MDR is good then we wont waste money. The other item is we are considering upgrading from our classic drinks package to premium, ive heard that they offer discounts on board the first night to do this so any info would be great.

thanks in advance

I'm not aware that discounts are routinely offered for upgrading drinks packages on board.

It is worth checking your cruise planner though as there have been several offers to get 20 to 25% discount on the cost of upgrading from classic to premium.

Sidenote: If you don't see the option to upgrade at all, you should contact Celebrity customer services.

I'm not aware that discounts are routinely offered for upgrading drinks packages on board.

It is worth checking your cruise planner though as there have been several offers to get 20 to 25% discount on the cost of upgrading from classic to premium.

Sidenote: If you don't see the option to upgrade at all, you should contact Celebrity customer services.

thank you for the information, it is n the planner @£12.56 per person per day.

Definitely not, in my experience! On both Reflection and Equinox (both in the Caribbean) I was counting on the A menu being the first night's menu, featuring prime rib, as it has always been in our over 30 Celebrity cruises. Well, it was not! On both cruises the first night's menu was the usual Day 3 menu. As we were on Equinox on the second cruise and you can see the menus on the TV in your cabin I checked to see and went to Sushi on 5 when I saw embarkation night was not the prime rib night. So it can vary by ship or perhaps route. It does make it hard to plan specialty dining ahead of time!