Luggage Arrival Time

Has anyone ever experienced a delay in their luggage (with non naughty room items)?

If so, were you also late boarding?

Ive been on multiple RCI cruises and always had my luggage around 2-3pm (give or take)...I have read a few things about luggage arriving up until 8pm, and now I am worried about my dinner outfit for night 1 (MTD 630pm reservation)...

How often is luggage super delayed? And do you think arrival time to the ship has anything to do with it??

Thanks!!

Has anyone ever experienced a delay in their luggage (with non naughty room items)?

Ive been on multiple RCI cruises and always had my luggage around 2-3pm (give or take)...I have read a few things about luggage arriving up until 8pm, and now I am worried about my dinner outfit for night 1 (MTD 630pm reservation)...

How often is luggage super delayed? And do you think arrival time to the ship has anything to do with it??

Thanks!!

There's no way to determine when luggage will be delivered. I've always had it by 4:30 - 5:00 but usually much sooner. Only exception was when the luggage tags got torn off. GS had it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Dinner clothes, bathroom items and makeup in my carryon. U say this and we have late seating. Always comes shortly after muster but I assume if I didn't that would be when it comes really late! That said on the QM2 in October didn't do that! Took a big chance and it was ok.

If you don't have it near dinner look down the hallway. Sometimes it is in front of the wrong door. Have also seen our luggage in the crew area waiting to be delivered. For us 2-4 is normal.

If it gets too late, I do this. ^^^^

Look in front of all the other doors, up and down your hallway. Some ships don't make any/much effort in putting the cases in front of their actual doors. You're lucky that it's on your hallway.

If all of that fails, go down to Guest Services. If the luggage tag has been torn off, the bags are taken there.

On occasions, suitcases have been left outside the wrong cabin so we make a point of doing a search if bags are late.

There is no logic as to when bags arrive. Usually before muster but sometimes a lot later.

Thanks!!

This is why it is casual dress on the first night in the restaurant to allow for late luggage delivery.

we were on the Freedom at Xmas. We arrived at 11. a luggage notice arrived on our door at 5 . We went to the naughty room because one of our pieces had a powerstrip in it. Which it did not. So after twenty minutes and clearing that luggage we asked where our other matching bag was and they had no ides. It showed up a couple hours later. That was really the only issue we've ever had it the 30+ cruises we've been on but it sure was irritating.

Once we had an upgrade to an aft JS at check in but our cases had the original bag tags on which were left with the porters.

When our luggage didn't turn up we went with the CS to our original room and lo and behold our cases were in that cabin as were the people who were upgraded to our original cabin.

If you don't have it near dinner look down the hallway. Sometimes it is in front of the wrong door. Have also seen our luggage in the crew area waiting to be delivered. For us 2-4 is normal.

Good point, same thing has happened to us a few times.

Don't remember bags arriving as early as 2:00 pm. I have been cruising a long time, on numerous ships and ports, and usually board early. I spend the night at the port so I'm usually there with the first group of boarders.

Bags have usually arrived around 4:00 or later; often have seen in elevator loading area waiting to be delivered when coming back from or going muster. I take toiletries and clothes for dinner in my carryon.

On our cruise in December on Freedom we were missing two bags. One had the tag torn off, so we had to go to the service desk to get it. This was understandable. However, the other bag still had its tag on and was not delivered until after 10pm. Unfortunately this was the one with the bathroom essentials, so my kids and I had to go to bed without brushing teeth, etc. We also had to get some equipment from medical staff. I remembered to carry on the medicine with us, thank goodness, but forgot the oral syringe to measure the liquid medication for my son. We were not very happy about it being delayed this long, especially when we boarded early, before noon.

Don't remember bags arriving as early as 2:00 pm. I have been cruising a long time, on numerous ships and ports, and usually board early. I spend the night at the port so I'm usually there with the first group of boarders.

Bags have usually arrived around 4:00 or later; often have seen in elevator loading area waiting to be delivered when coming back from or going muster. I take toiletries and clothes for dinner in my carryon.

Honest, most of the time our bags have been there by 2PM, in fact, even more frequently we have had our bags waiting for us when we first go to our stateroom after the general announcement telling all those aboard that the rooms are ready. I guess we are very lucky.

If one of your luggage arrive later than others, it could be some random extra security screening.

On my last cruise, at 5:00pm all of our luggage arrived at our front door except for one. (We dropped off our luggages around 10:45am)

I asked my room attendant. He searched the deck and also told me on this deck they finished delivering luggage he told me to go to 1st floor and go to security to see if my luggage is there.

I'm pretty sure I don't have any items that would make them hold my luggage. Before starting going down to 1st deck I check my cabin's phone to see if security leave me a message on it, but none.

As I am heading down in the elevator, as soon as the elevator door open on 1st deck there was my missing luggage. There was someone in the process of bring my luggage up to my room. I asked him if are there any issue? He said no, he told me that they are just doing extra random security screening on luggages :confused:

Edited by StrikeEagle

One time I didn't have our bag until 8 or 9 pm. It was my fault I suppose. I thought I would be clever and attach my tag to a zip tie. Well the zip tie remained but the tag was torn off. My DH and I were walking down our hallway and spotted our bag in the attendant's closet. We now use those plastic luggage tag holders. Also, MDR employees didn't mind we weren't well dressed for dinner.