How Would You Feel...

Cujo01

We're in similar situation. In 2010 we were scheduled for a family cruise. Short version - son in AF, earthquake in Haiti, leave cancelled. Had travel insurance but he missed getting to go. Now scheduled out on 2/10, just saw budget approved until the 9th........not sure how this will unfold. 17 of us travelling. Would sure hate it if he could not go...again

We're in similar situation. In 2010 we were scheduled for a family cruise. Short version - son in AF, earthquake in Haiti, leave cancelled. Had travel insurance but he missed getting to go. Now scheduled out on 2/10, just saw budget approved until the 9th........not sure how this will unfold. 17 of us travelling. Would sure hate it if he could not go...again ��

As a service member, sure is easier to take when duty calls, than when politicians can't/won't do their jobs...you are in our prayers.

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone. I started this thread at a moment of weakness, sorry for that. The much much bigger issue is healing for our country and prayers for all that are in service of it.

Cujo out. (packs away soap box)

As a service member, sure is easier to take when duty calls, than when politicians can't/won't do their jobs...you are in our prayers.

Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone. I started this thread at a moment of weakness, sorry for that. The much much bigger issue is healing for our country and prayers for all that are in service of it.

Cujo out. (packs away soap box)

I don't think it was a moment of weakness. You had every right to your feelings, and asked if there was a way to at least get some of the money back if you had to cancel. I would have done the same and probably used some stronger language (at least at home). No one really counts on a government shutdown and how that will impact them until it happens. Just like I know my husband could not make it back from a deployment but don't expect it to happen. Are those that lose a spouse or child not allowed to have their feelings because they knew what they signed up for? Have all of the feelings you like, and hopefully this means you get to go enjoy your cruise.