White Pass Railway - best time?

cherryharley

Is the 12:45 White Pass/Yukon train in Skagway less crowded than the 8:15 train? Seems to me that most cruisers would be anxious to get off the ship and right on the train first thing upon docking.

It depends on the number of ships in port and the time they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the replies. I hadn't thought of that aspect of it and after checking, I am going with my original thought of the later time. It seems the other 2 ships in port leave at 3 pm and 4 pm so their passengers will have to take the earlier time. We will wander around town while the first train load is gone. :D

Just booked this tour for our cruise on HAL (Westerdam) late May. Went thru the cruise line but wasn't given a choice. We are on early morning tour. Would have preferred the later. Not sure why, just would have!

Is the 12:45 White Pass/Yukon train in Skagway less crowded than the 8:15 train? Seems to me that most cruisers would be anxious to get off the ship and right on the train first thing upon docking.

No matter which train you take, it will feel the same once you are on the train. The railway adds cars or takes them away based on the projected number of passengers. So your car will be full or almost full whether there are four ships in port or only one ship. Same for whether you go in the morning or in the afternoon, your train car will be full or almost full.