Canceling Options

I am getting different answers and I don't know what to do I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks and bookd a double occupancy room with a cabin mate and added the travel Insurance however due to an emergency health issue cabinmate is unable to go. If they cancel will I have to pay the single supplement or should they just not show up

I am getting different answers and I don't know what to do I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks and bookd a double occupancy room with a cabin mate and added the travel Insurance however due to an emergency health issue cabinmate is unable to go. If they cancel will I have to pay the single supplement or should they just not show up

Did "you" pay for the cruise? If so, than it's an easier question. I'm pretty sure you should just have them a no show, and enjoy the cruise. Than I think you would file an insurance claim, depending on if it is a covered reason, and hope for the best. The issue I believe is if you cancel the second person, you will be repriced, and that might end up costing more money than leaving it alone. But it might be needed for the insurance.

Did you call the insurance company and ask?

Did "you" pay for the cruise? If so, than it's an easier question. I'm pretty sure you should just have them a no show, and enjoy the cruise. Than I think you would file an insurance claim, depending on if it is a covered reason, and hope for the best. The issue I believe is if you cancel the second person, you will be repriced, and that might end up costing more money than leaving it alone. But it might be needed for the insurance.

Did you call the insurance company and ask?

Yes the cruise has been paid in full I haven't called the insurance company I called my travel agent but they are really no help I might have to change travel agents after this

Yes the cruise has been paid in full I haven't called the insurance company I called my travel agent but they are really no help I might have to change travel agents after this

I would also suggest that the other person be a no-show at this point. You won't have to pay any extra, in fact, there should be a refund of taxes for the other person.

Don't just let your Cabin Mate be a no-show without reading the terms of your insurance policy first. The policy should spell out what the requirements are in this circumstance. You probably are required to call your insurance company and they will let you know what is required.