Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

Keep in mind, also, this is a cover charge, not a $10.00 grilled cheese sandwich. If you want a burger plus a grilled cheese, it's all included. Want two burgers? All included. Want 3 burgers, 3 grilled cheese, all you can eat fries? All included.

Didn't we have a "free" JR coupon at one point, or is my memory failing?

Yes, we did. I went on the Mariner with my Mom in October of 2008 and we had the free coupons.

Won’t be going to JR on the Oasis, $10 is ridiculous for a burger and fries.

So Carnival has Guy's burgers as an included venue, and RCI charges 9.95 for Johnny Rockets?

Something doesn't seem right here.

JR has a far more extensive menu, but..... you're absolutely right. Royal definitely leads the pack in nickel and diming.

Carnival will catch up - they just introduced the overnight room service fee that Royal did years ago - but Royal is definitely the trailblazer when it comes to service fees.

Every time I visit here (the forums) I see some new fee, or an increase in a fee.

It's rather depressing really.

I'll just add my voice that at $10/pp we won't be visiting. Even at $7 we were leaning towards no. Burgers use to be one of those free all day things on cruises. Now it's just the windjammer during lunch on Royal.

Nope, Laura had one once. They toasted the bread and stuck a slice of cold cheese in the middle. 😱

You probably need to give them 24 hours notice for any special request in the MDR, even for grilled cheese. They are usually willing to fulfill requests but they really struggle if you spring anything off-menu on them without notice. I did it once and they delivered what I requested but I think my waiter lost years off his life and I felt bad afterwards.

You probably need to give them 24 hours notice for any special request in the MDR, even for grilled cheese. They are usually willing to fulfill requests but they really struggle if you spring anything off-menu on them without notice. I did it once and they delivered what I requested but I think my waiter lost years off his life and I felt bad afterwards.

I don't think they understood what a grilled cheese sandwich was. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Next up no more free hot dogs at the Dog House:halo:

I'll go one step further for ya. Doghouse replaced during drydock with a new for fee higher end American Franks restaurant with a cover of $14.95 but if you want to book it as a FNDR your actual out of pocket expense will ONLY be $7.95

NCL is pretty good at it too.

But at least with NCL you kind of know it more going in. Though Royal is catching up. NCL has all the upcharge, freestyle type stuff, I expect it. Royal never used to be that bad. But clearly it works so I guess we pay up. The good thing with NCL is they do the a la carte and you can grab a giant plate of nachos at Margaritaville for like $6 and share. Everything is very inexpensive and reasonably priced. Jacking the prices up and going with flat rates is not popular at all. They actually did a $15 cover charge for Margaritaville on one of the NCL ships and lots of people are revolting about it, too. "Now my nachos to share with my husband are $38 with gratuity vs $5.99"

We would usually go once for a decent burg-

-

Gonna speak with my wallet!

-

Not going-I`d love to walk by and see it empty at lunch time!!!

Just like Sabor. It's a ghost town. Probably why they replaced it on Symphony.

So Carnival has Guy's burgers as an included venue, and RCI charges 9.95 for Johnny Rockets?

Something doesn't seem right here.

Yeah. I was expecting to hate Guy's Burger Joint (there's a lot not to like about his restaurant in Vegas and his place in Times Square recently shuttered) but truth be told, the burgers with his name on them on Carnival are really good and have no upcharge.

I liked going to Johnny Rockets on my last cruise, but if it's going to cost $10/person, we'll find someplace else to eat. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at one on land, and I am not really missing anything at sea.