Diamond status while on ship

Married2000

We will become diamond while on our cruise. Does anyone know if they will give us diamond benefits while on the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I've heard this go both ways. The best thing to do is, go visit the on-board loyalty ambassador and tell them your situation.

Points are totaled and accumulated after the cruise, so officially the answer is no. The only tier level receiving recognition at the time it is attained is Pinnacle. That being said, you can try and ask the Loyalty Ambassador on board to see as some have reported being recognized, although that has never happened in our experience. We were on two recent cruises with friends who turned Diamond and Diamond Plus during each cruise and neither was recognized or afforded benefits for the new tier - and both asked. If you think about it, most tier levels are attained mid cruise but always effective on the next one. The Diamond Lounge and free cocktails will likely have to wait........;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Well you will need to go to the Loyalty Ambassador before your first cruise is over..........................................

This way they can prepare and recognize you for your second part.

I would approach it....................

"..................Since I am doing a B2B and will attain diamond status on this cruise......................and my next cruise is the second leg of this .........what has to be done to get my perks........................thank you.................."

Be pro-active.

Good luck

let us know how it goes.

Safe travels.

And

Congratulations

We are doing a b2b on the first cruise the third day we will have our required points.

You didn't mention that originally - that's a different scenario. And if that is the case, you will be recognized as Diamond on the second leg of your back to back. You can mention this to C & A prior to your cruise so they can note your fiile, but do follow up as well with the Loyalty Ambassador as you board on the first leg. They will note the points earned on the first leg and will "accelerate" the tally. This is done all the time.

Congratulations on Diamond and enjoy the benefits....starting on your second leg! ;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to let you know we were able to get our diamond status while on our cruise. Yes, I took advantage of it, coffee in the mornings in the diamond lounge and drinks in the evening. We met some nice people and enjoyed talking with them. Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know we were able to get our diamond status while on our cruise. Yes, I took advantage of it, coffee in the mornings in the diamond lounge and drinks in the evening. We met some nice people and enjoyed talking with them. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting back and good that it worked out for you.

We will become diamond while on our cruise. Does anyone know if they will give us diamond benefits while on the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Until I read posts made after this one, I wanted to ask which cruise line. Every cruise line has dif efrent names for their loyalty program and different names for various levels.

Thanks in advance!

no. points are not awarded until after the cruise ends. only Pinnacle are recognized if they make that level while on board.

Just wanted to let you know we were able to get our diamond status while on our cruise....

Happy for you, but I did want to mention that this is definitely not the norm. We politely asked about it in the same situation as yours, and we were denied before the sentence was out of my husband's mouth. :(

We were on Vision of the Seas and we did a b2b we only needed two nights and they were so nice they gave us our diamond status on the first leg, we didn't have to wait until the second leg. Also I called Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor before the cruise and they also told me we would get our status, just talk to the Loyalty Ambassador once we get on the ship.

We were on Vision of the Seas and we did a b2b we only needed two nights and they were so nice they gave us our diamond status on the first leg, we didn't have to wait until the second leg. Also I called Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor before the cruise and they also told me we would get our status, just talk to the Loyalty Ambassador once we get on the ship.

Agree it never hurts to ask. So there is an exception to every rule, so to speak. I believe you were very fortunate though. On one of our B2B cruises we turned diamond (point wise) the second day of the first leg. When I asked the LA if we could move from emerald to diamond mid-cruise he basically said so sorry. But as promised we were diamond on the second leg. Somethings are worth waiting for.