Golden Princess Baja vs Caribe balcony

Kirsty78

We originally booked Baja b630 and it looks like weve been upgraded to Caribe c255. Is this a good upgrade? First time cruisers and concerned it's too far forward. I liked the b630 as it was closer to the back. Thoughts please.

We originally booked Baja b630 and it looks like weve been upgraded to Caribe c255. Is this a good upgrade? First time cruisers and concerned it's too far forward. I liked the b630 as it was closer to the back. Thoughts please.

Much bigger balcony. Most would say it is a good upgrade. The balcony is half open and have covered.

It will be located on the second row from the right (see picture).

grand-princess-mini-suites.jpg

I would be delighted with that upgrade. The larger, half-covered balcony is a nice bonus. Even though it's farther forward, given that ships have stabilizers to lessen the effects of ocean motion, so I don't see that as much of an issue. I would definitely accept it.

Nice upgrade. C255 is a nice location near the forward stairwell, balcony will be 9ft.x9ft., with 5 feet of cover and 4 feet of uncover. The interiors of the two cabins will be the same.

I like the Caribe balconies.

255 I'd prefer closer to mid ship.

I was in c251 (2 doors down) just this past Christmas and New Years. It was quiet. My steward, Eugene, was awesome. If he is still the steward for those cabins, will you please I said, hi.

We had 21 ft seas on Christmas Eve and other than rolling to/fro in my bed, I was fine.

In my previous 3 cruises 2015, 2012, 2010, I was middle: 533 or thereabouts on both Baja and caribe. I prefer caribe balconies. And am not bothered either way whether forward or mid-ships

You will love Golden. Even though I had a balcony, I would sometimes just go sit on a bench on the promenade to people watch and scenery watch,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i was c101 first cabin on caribe never had a problem didnt feel much rocking though only had 2 and a half mt waves at biggest that i knew of ones at back heard a couple complain how rough it was one night but i think that was cause they were are at the back of the ship not the front which isnt fully on the bow but i reckon both your choices would be good , i loved my half covered balcony on caribe,

not sure what the balcony on baja is like [fully covered?? or not??]

Edited by Hawka

i was c101 first cabin on caribe never had a problem didnt feel much rocking though only had 2 and a half mt waves at biggest that i knew of ones at back heard a couple complain how rough it was one night but i think that was cause they were are at the back of the ship not the front which isnt fully on the bow but i reckon both your choices would be good , i loved my half covered balcony on caribe,

not sure what the balcony on baja is like [fully covered?? or not??]

Yes!!

i looked down to the balcony below my deck 9 no way would i pic that one no offence to those that do its all out in the sun no shade at all i will do deck 10 or deck 11 that would be it but deck 10 has best of both worlds :)

• 11 months later...
Do not like these Caribe deck balconies as they are just too open to above. We like a bit more privacy.

I don't know what the poster means as half the balcony is covered so if you want privacy you sit back a little. We loved our Caribe balcony on the Diamond Princess and will have another on the Golden in 4 weeks.

Leigh

I don't know what the poster means as half the balcony is covered so if you want privacy you sit back a little. We loved our Caribe balcony on the Diamond Princess and will have another on the Golden in 4 weeks.

Leigh

Yes, this ^. We loved our Caribe deck balcony on CB. Grab this upgrade. We had an UBD out there one night and had tons of space for the table and the small one they use to serve.

ML

I have done both a Caribe and Baja balcony. The Caribe is far superior.

Two chairs with foot rests and a regular table. We had breakfast every morning in Alaska C231

Caribe balconies are about 9 feet by 9 feet.

The Baja (B710) is about 4feet by 9 feet with a small table the same height as the chair seats.

I love any balcony but given the choice go for the Caribe!

Do not like these Caribe deck balconies as they are just too open to above. We like a bit more privacy.

one below would have no privacy Carbie had a half covered balcony definitely has some privacy from what i saw when i had one on the Golden