Late flight from Papeete

mrspaper

Oceania and we are using cruise air

I know the Paul Gauguin, when you use their air gives people a day room at a hotel. Maybe Oceania does also? If not many do this on their own. Princess let us stay on board until 6pm which was nice.

Also maybe rent a car and spend the day expiring.

There are some good day tours to take also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Paul Gauguin in July and did not use their air. We had to be off the ship by about 10:00 am and we paid an arm and a leg to stay at a hotel for the day. We contacted all of the better resorts on Papeete and none would offer a reasonable day rate. If you just want a place to dump your bags and perhaps take an afternoon nap try Fare Suisse, a very simple but clean pension about a 15 minute walk from the dock. The owner Beni will pick you up at the dock and drive you to the airport that evening all included. He does not have a day rate so you would basically pay for the one night, get there early and dump your bags, and then head out.

I would suggest walking back to the dock area along the waterfront which has a very pretty park. You can then check out the market, have lunch, and head back for a nap. Be back at 6:00 pm for the food trucks for dinner and then head back again for your ride to the airport. Another option is a full day tour on Tahiti which you can arrange privately.