POA Questions

okieslowpoke

Due to Hawaiian liquor laws, there are no liquor "set ups" for suites, but I believe you can get a 3 wine bottle package. Not sure about other perks.

I see that there is a new luggage storage service at the Honolulu airport, "Baggage Storage Hawaii by Smarte Carte".

• 1 month later...

Answering #2 question: my hubby purchased a soda pkg. unlimited pop for $50-55.

You did not ask about alcohol but a bucket of your choise of beer cost $42.00

The more wine bottles you buy the cheaper per bottle it becomes. For example , one bottle may be $40ish, buying 8 bottles brought it around $27 ish.

Will be in 2 bedroom family suite

3. best shuttle from outrigger

4. 9pm flight out luggage storeage

3. You could just take a taxi - it's not a long ride to the pier or if you prefer to book in advance - we used johnny cab and were very satisfied - their rates are reasonable and you have the vehicle to yourself:

https://www.johnnycabhi.com/

4. I believe there is luggage storage at the pier - but do investigate further.

Answering #2 question: my hubby purchased a soda pkg. unlimited pop for $50-55.

You did not ask about alcohol but a bucket of your choise of beer cost $42.00

The more wine bottles you buy the cheaper per bottle it becomes. For example , one bottle may be $40ish, buying 8 bottles brought it around $27 ish.

50-55 per person for unlimited soda?

Yes the sofa package was per person. He was given an insulated NCL cup (products are Pepsi) then they gave a new card that had S on it so he had to show his card every time to fill up Cup .(or they provide a cup. He still bought pop during the day on our excursions .

The Hawaii cruise is all about Hawaii & not about the ship at all. We ate breakfast aboard, left & didn't come back until very late on the overnight trips & right before sail away on the other days. We ate & went to bed to be able to get up & start another port packed day. It was the least amount of time I ever spent awake on a ship. Don't worry about the packages. You aren't on board enough to make them worth while.

I agree that the cruise was more about Hawaii .this was our first cruise . We did not participate in any on ship activities, nor see shows . Only ate at the main dining room once (Buffett the rest of the nights. What we did enjoy at the end of a full day at port was sitting on our balcony with a beer or glass of wine, that’s when saving with special priced packages helps. The pop pkg was still worth it for my husband.

• 2 months later...

I cruise on the POA in about 3 weeks! We're definitely interested in how the wine package works. (the people I've talked to at NCL don't know what I'm talking about) Could you choose what brands of wine you got with that? Still debating bringing our own and just paying the stupid $15 corkage fees...

Hi, from my memory there were choices of different wines and prices...we stayed with white wines only different types but the cheaper brands. We bought 8 bottles, so they gave us 8 paper vouchers that we redeem at the bars when needed. We found it convenient this way . If you have any left over tickets you can take the bottles off the ship on the last day. Enjoy your vacation, you will love it.

We are planning to bring bottles on board and pay the stupid $15 corkage fee. We will be drinking cheap wine, but it will be the cheap wine of our choice rather than whatever POA offers. And it will be in our cabin rather than having to purchase in a bar. This is an active cruise. We anticipate a couple of glasses of wine before whatever dinner we can find and then going to bed early so we can get up early again the next day. We're too old to function actively for a week on just wanting to.

We are planning to bring bottles on board and pay the stupid $15 corkage fee. We will be drinking cheap wine, but it will be the cheap wine of our choice rather than whatever POA offers. And it will be in our cabin rather than having to purchase in a bar. This is an active cruise. We anticipate a couple of glasses of wine before whatever dinner we can find and then going to bed early so we can get up early again the next day. We're too old to function actively for a week on just wanting to.

I think that's what I'm leaning towards too...