MSC Preziosa UK based summer 2019

thecruisers6

I wonder if they'll have Yorkshire Tea onboard, Mark, like they will on Magnifica next year due to her homeporting in Southampton. ;p Does MSC intend to give Preziosa a British twist, too? :confused:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/shipping/15226860.PHOTOS__New_2_500_person_cruise_ship_to_make_Southampton_its_home/

No idea Ashling sorry. When I hear I will let you know.

Hopefully they will give it a twist Bea but as a friend just said they better not swap Peroni for Carling 🤦*♂️

Just hope the summer school holiday itinerary is more imaginative than Magnifica’s. Anything but the usual would be wonderful. Hope the YC prices are affordable if not a nice fantastica balcony will do us nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yay.... Home port of Southampton for Preziosa and in the SUMMER of 2019[emoji41]

Hopefully not just a marketing ploy with every itinerary featuring Hamburg!

Any official source for that?

The dailyecho link pasted a little above just refers to MSC Magnifica sailing from Southampton in 2018.

Any official source for that?

The dailyecho link pasted a little above just refers to MSC Magnifica sailing from Southampton in 2018.

I posted the link to show what offerings MSC have planned on Magnifica and posing the question as to whether they'll do the same on Preziosa.

Hi Max. This is from an official MSC email I’ve seen.....

2018 will see the return of an MSC ship to the UK with MSC Magnifica, of course. But 2019 will see our presence grow even bigger, with MSC Preziosa home porting in Southampton for the summer. Keep a look out for more details on the itineraries and opening of sales soon! In the meantime, get to know your new ship...

Wonderful news I think the YC will be sold out on day 1. Especially with the £ so low

So they will have Yorkshire tea onboard .................... and even Marmite! :eek: :D

It will also have all those things British passengers expect, such as Yorkshire tea, Marmite available at breakfast, kettles in cabins and at least one curry night.

Don't get me wrong I love marmite but I can live without it for a couple of weeks!

I know that they are trying to woo British passengers by offering British tea and curry etc but I love the continental feel on MSC.

To me travel is about experiencing different cultures and food. I hope they don't lose that on the Southampton sailings.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Forums mobile app

Don't get me wrong I love marmite but I can live without it for a couple of weeks!

I know that they are trying to woo British passengers by offering British tea and curry etc but I love the continental feel on MSC.

To me travel is about experiencing different cultures and food. I hope they don't lose that on the Southampton sailings.

Sounds like you're not their target market - they've already wooed you!

MSC are obviously trying to build a strong UK market out of Southampton. They adopted a similar approach by offering a more "Americanised" experience out of Miami, particularly on Divina. Both food and drinks menus differ quite a bit from typical Med (and other regions) fare.

It looks like Seaside will be even more geared to suit the American market on the back of Divina's success there. The fact that MSC is deploying a bigger ship to Southampton, ie, Preziosa, for 2019 in place of the smaller Magnifica, leads me to believe that response from the UK market for 2018 Southampton departures must be good. Perhaps if Preziosa proves popular, the UK may yet get one of MSC's new ships homeporting in Southampton in the future , just as the US has done. After all, they went from having smaller class ships to begin with and look what's on its way to Miami as we speak.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have any idea when the 2019 Preziosa sailings from Southampton will go on sale please?

Sailing on the Magnifica for the first time in April this year in an Aurea cabin and want to try the Yacht Club

After the Divina Yacht Club I couldn’t risk missing out so booked Bellissima Yacht Club from Marseille instead. Very reasonable for what you get [emoji847]

Bea ... The CEO of the UK office Antonio Paradiso two years ago asked for and was promised a bigger MSC ship for 2019.

We sailed Preziosa last September from Southampton and it had kettles etc in the cabins.

I wonder if they'll have Yorkshire Tea onboard, Mark, like they will on Magnifica next year due to her homeporting in Southampton. ;p Does MSC intend to give Preziosa a British twist, too? :confused:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/shipping/15226860.PHOTOS__New_2_500_person_cruise_ship_to_make_Southampton_its_home/

There are more details on Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=8248

(and yes it will have Marmite and Yorkshire Tea)

Mark ... not wanting to hi jack this thread, Seaside was good though there are some issues that the Italian mentality has not thought through too well like a lack of in numbers of staff. The ship is very modern in its style though for me the Atrium is too small compared to the Princess Royal class ships. The Aft suites are worth every penny and are likely the best on the ship. My review is below, we are booked again on Seaside on April 28th.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2581121

Hi all - why the wait! I have managed to book 21st August 2019 via a non UK website!! However, the itinerary is not exciting at all, I'm afraid. I have been on the Preziosa before and am looking forward to sailing on her out of Southampton.

21/8/19 Shamp

Sea

Rott overnight

25 Ham

26 Sea

27 Le Harve

28 back to S.hamp

We have paid a deposit of 300 euros and the total price for 2 adults and 1 child is 1498 euros (before MSC discount applied).

I have booked and sailed with this overseas travel agent before. (We sailed on Magnifica last November we have also booked 2 nights on the Magnifica for March 2018). We have not had any issues with them - fingers crossed. So far we paid a lot less than the UK website, lower deposit and later final payment date - all pluses!!

I had a quick look at the YC1 and they have 16027, 26, 23

and a few on deck 15 at 2009 (euro) per person.

Transatlantic from Carib on 06 April 2019 for 21 nights, the itinearary is basically as of above. There is a couple of 15 nighters(that includes Spain) then 7 nighters. September ends with Northen Europe back to Genoa via Vigo and Lisbon at 699 euros per person.

If anyone needs any further info!

Hi Beamafar - off topic but you may remember (or not!) that I had booked the Armonia for May. MSC then changed the ship to the Opera. I was not happy but MSC would not budge.

I managed to change that to the Opera but on 31st October for 4 nights out of Cagliari. It is still the same ship but for the same price we now have an ocean view and drinks included so some succour for me!

Also in that posting was that I would endeavour to book non-UK and am slowing starting to do that. However, in support of the UK sometimes there are good deals to be had but I literally have to scour the various websites daily!

Hi Beamafar - off topic but you may remember (or not!) that I had booked the Armonia for May. MSC then changed the ship to the Opera. I was not happy but MSC would not budge.

I managed to change that to the Opera but on 31st October for 4 nights out of Cagliari. It is still the same ship but for the same price we now have an ocean view and drinks included so some succour for me!

Also in that posting was that I would endeavour to book non-UK and am slowing starting to do that. However, in support of the UK sometimes there are good deals to be had but I literally have to scour the various websites daily!

Hi, P.

Good for you to shop around and get the best deal. I'm very curious to know which non-UK website you used. I know it's not permitted to post it here, but maybe give us a hint or a clue?