Can I drink neoclassica tap water?

grams98

we have been on a few cruises, mostly Princess. We always drink the tap water in the cabin. We were told it is safe as it is desalinated water. This cruise is on Costa. We weren’t sure if all cruise ships safely desalinate the tap water so passengers can drink it. We leave from Mumbai January 6 for 2 weeks round trip. Thanks in advance for info.

You can drink the tap water but it might taste of chlorine. We are just back off the Luminosa and the water in the cabin was actually fine this time. I don't know whether a water filter mug will help. Water is safe though.

Alicat

Drinking water (from the tap) can come from one of two sources, as already mentioned from the ship's own desalination plant or from the port's local water supply (pipe lines under the dock side).

As Mumbai's water supply is notourishly bad (you just have to count the number of water tankers flitting about), the ship is be using desalinated water.

It is drinkable, but can be heavily chlorinated.

Reminds me of when my dear MiL was inteviewed by the local newspaper:

Reporter: Can you give us some health tips for reaching the such a ripe old age?

MiL: For better digestion I drink beer. In the case of appetite loss I drink white wine. For low blood pressure I drink Red Wine.

In the case of high blood pressure I drink scotch. And when I have a cold I drink Schnapps.

Reporter: When do you drink water?

MiL: I've never been that sick

Reminds me of when my dear MiL was inteviewed by the local newspaper:

Reporter: Can you give us some health tips for reaching the such a ripe old age?

MiL: For better digestion I drink beer. In the case of appetite loss I drink white wine. For low blood pressure I drink Red Wine.

In the case of high blood pressure I drink scotch. And when I have a cold I drink Schnapps.

Reporter: When do you drink water?

MiL: I've never been that sick

Hilarious:wine-glass:!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...