Disembarkation on Costa Deliziosa

Sag13

We are on the February 22 sailing. Our return flight from Lauderdale to Pittsburgh is at 10:20 a.m.

If we request to be on the first group disembarking, will we make our flight? I have had no problem on other cruise lines. How efficient is the process with Costa?:)

You can take your luggade and leave the ship as only it is possible for passangers. I do not see any problem on ship side, it is more probable that it happen on immigration side. In January 2017 I spent almost 2 hours waiting for immigration because only few desks were working (part of them reserved for US citizens only, part for others). If I can suggest anything, try to leave ship with your luggage as soon as possible to avoid possible lines to immigration.

Doable? Yes. But it is not just down to how efficent Costa is, there are many variables outside of Costa's control:

Delayed arrival due to weather,

US Customs Control

US Immigration Contol

US Public Health Control

Number of ships arriving at the same time

Number of passengers wanting to self disembark

etc. etc.

But it is doable, things you can do to help yourself:

1. Inform guest relations you have an early flight and want to do self disembarcation

2. Don't put your luggage outside the cabin on the last night (I know of one couple who did this, they couldn't find their luggage in time and so missed their flights)

3. Find out where disembarcation will take place asap, which side, deck, which exit (front / back)

4. Decide if you want breakfast, very noisey in the buffet - chance of missing annoucements, what do you do with your luggage in a madhouse. Grab something to eat at the airport.

5. Listen carefully to the public annoucements.

6. Do you have Global Entry (think that is what it is called) for fasttrack through US Immigration.

7. Don't take the ship's airport shuttle, they only leave when full. Either take a cab or better still book a transfer in advance.

8. Have a Plan B - just in case.

Have a great cruise.

Last year, one of my friends had a 10.30 flight (she normally doesn't do this but for some reason that's how it worked out). She made it to the airport with plenty of time (I went with her to help with the bags, although I drive there). But you must do as GMT says, self-help and a taxi, don't dawdle. US CBP is very slow once they start processing non-US.

We have found for us that saving a few bucks for an earlier flight just isn't worth the stress associated with it. There is already enough stress in airline travel. Spend a few bucks more, get an early afternoon flight, get to the airport plenty early and enjoy some food and drink while you wait.

We have found for us that saving a few bucks for an earlier flight just isn't worth the stress associated with it. There is already enough stress in airline travel. Spend a few bucks more, get an early afternoon flight, get to the airport plenty early and enjoy some food and drink while you wait.

Totally agree with you.

I confirm all the above about letting Costa know, they have been very helpful on our few early flights.

As you are US residents you should get though custom control quickly, but taxi transfer are a must, Costa's transfers do wait for late comers to the coaches.

Do not put your luggage near the cabin door & leave it unlocked in the room, I have known stewards to put it out for you.