LIVE from Silhouette 1/14/18 12 night Ultimate Caribbean

WonderMan3

Hello everyone! My name is Adam. Some of you may have followed me during my previous cruise blogs on Eclipse last January and on Constellation last May. My husband Mike and I are cruising again.

This will be our first cruise on Silhouette. We are excited to try a ship that’s new to us. Typically we’ve been taking the 14- night Eclipse Caribbean the past few years but this time decided to switch it up to get a different ship and some different islands. bb7cbb6717dc25fdb67bede86214aa2a.jpgWe will be traveling with my sister Cindy and her husband John. They have been cruising with us each January since 2013 and will actually be having a wedding ceremony on board the ship with the captain officiating. (Just ceremonial; their legal ceremony is today) We are all from Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Mike and I are actually already at sea on a Norwegian Getaway cruise, currently docked in Cozumel. We will arrive in Miami Sunday morning and will transfer up to Fort Lauderdale to Silhouette. Cindy and John will fly down on Saturday and spend a night in Fort Lauderdale before boarding the ship with us.

Last January we did the Penthouse Suite as we had Mike’s mother with us in the cabin along with 4 other companions on the ship so we wanted a larger entertainment space. This time around we’re doing the Royal Suite which we had done two years ago on Eclipse and found very comfortable. Cindy and John will be in a balcony cabin on the hump.

Looking forward to sharing our adventures with you. Will try to answer as many questions as I can along the way. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m also going to be on your cruise so I’m delighted that I’ll be able to read of. someone else’s experiences. Last year Bimmer was on our January Reflection cruise and he did a great job of posting great reviews, which I enjoyed long after the cruise was over, so my thanks in advance :D.

Looking forward to reading your review! I am originally from MA, but moved to TN 5 years ago to be closer to my grandchildren. I miss the Cape and good seafood. My cousin has a hotel in Truro and we loved eating at the Lobster Pot in PTown!

Hi WonderMan Adam, & Mike! When you're getting off the ship on 1/26, we'll be getting on--can't wait! (Hello msteries!) So I'm excited to follow along with you on your journey. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

When you're settled in, please report on what entertainment is offered--house band, etc--and the nightly entertainment in the theatre.

Enjoy your cruise!

Looking forward to reading your review! I am originally from MA, but moved to TN 5 years ago to be closer to my grandchildren. I miss the Cape and good seafood. My cousin has a hotel in Truro and we loved eating at the Lobster Pot in PTown!

Yes, Mike and I actually live in Provincetown. Lobster Pot is also one of our favorites. [emoji846]

We sailed the Silhouette this past Nov. on the TA .. great cruise and ship. Enjoy!

Hi Vickykay. Since you've sailed on this ship, I have a coffee question. What's the best way to get a good cup of coffee in,the morning? We have the classic drink plan and are Elite members. Is there a lounge with a cappuccino machine? Or will my classic drink pkg cover those or do I need to upgrade to a Premium drink package! Thanks much

I may the same. Caffeine in my drug of choice! You can get any coffee at Cafe Bacio, regular or speciality. We both enjoy cappuccino or lattes. The ones with liquior are $1 over the classic limit so you just pay the $1. Try the Aspen. There is also a mini Cafe Bacio as you enter the ocean view Cafe on the right side entrance. You can also get fresh OJ there as well on the classic. There is also regular coffee at the drinks dispenser in the cafe.They will probably bring you speciality coffe in the MDR at breakfast as well but we didn't go there for breakfast. The elite breakfast also has speciality coffees.

You can also,order regular coffee from room service in the morning ( no speciality ones). Enjoy!

We will be on the Eclipse Southern Caribbean in March 2018, so I will be interested to read about your shore excursions.

We will be visiting San Juan, St. Croix, Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Not sure how many of those overlap with your itinerary.

We were supposed to go to St. Maarten and Dominica but they were replaced with St. Croix and Antigua due to the hurricane damage.

I may the same. Caffeine in my drug of choice! You can get any coffee at Cafe Bacio, regular or speciality. We both enjoy cappuccino or lattes. The ones with liquior are $1 over the classic limit so you just pay the $1. Try the Aspen. There is also a mini Cafe Bacio as you enter the ocean view Cafe on the right side entrance. You can also get fresh OJ there as well on the classic. There is also regular coffee at the drinks dispenser in the cafe.They will probably bring you speciality coffe in the MDR at breakfast as well but we didn't go there for breakfast. The elite breakfast also has speciality coffees.

You can also,order regular coffee from room service in the morning ( no speciality ones). Enjoy!

Where is the Elite breakfast?

We will be visiting San Juan, St. Croix, Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Not sure how many of those overlap with your itinerary.

We were supposed to go to St. Maarten and Dominica but they were replaced with St. Croix and Antigua due to the hurricane damage.

We have the Silhouette B2B for March 2019, the second section is very similar to yours. On that cruise will be our first visit to St. Croix, U.S.V.I. St Georges Grenada and Roseau Dominica.

Celebrity will return to St Maarten with Equinox (Feb 6)

There are two alcoholic coffees that are under the Classic Package price point: The Cafe Ole and Cafe Kingston. The others are only a dollar extra. The Elite Breakfast is served in Tuscan Grille.

To the OP, have a wonderful time! We will be on a B2B on her starting 1/26/18!

Yes, Mike and I actually live in Provincetown. Lobster Pot is also one of our favorites. [emoji846]

Love it there! My cousin, Pattee is an artist and is very involved in the community there. She is such a wonderful free spirit who I adore!

My husband and I are on the February 18th sailing, so I am really looking forward to your review! Have a great time.

We have not been informed otherwise, so St Maarten should be our first port, followed by Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, then the ABC islands. I will enjoy reading your posts, especially the three ports that are also on our itinerary. Thanks in anticipation.

Good morning from Miami, where it was a balmy 51 degrees when I got up! We are finishing up our final stateroom packing here on Norwegian Getaway and then it’s off to breakfast at The Haven before we meet our driver at 9:30 to take us up to Fort Lauderdale to meet up with Cindy and John. Hopefully warmer temperatures are on their way today!15e1f7389ebcf75fab317ccaceec1534.jpg