Guaranteed Inside

anniversarysam

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I have booked an inside guarantee with Royal Caribbean first time I’ve booked this kind of room. I am also a crown and Anchor member. I’m told we will have a room number sometime between now and April when we cruise. When we embark should we ask for a upgrade or is that asking too much. Has anyone had success once rooms were given for a nicer upgrade? Any tips would be welcome.

You can certainly ask, but upgrades at check in are very rare and if available would be at a charge that would be the difference between what you paid and the cost of the upgraded stateroom at the time of boarding. It would also be best to ask at guest services once on board v at check in. Free upgrades are virtually non-existent to anyone other than the highest tier C & A members if and when available. They are also typically offered and made to those members in advance of the sailing.

As to room assignment, our experience has been that the stateroom is assigned a few weeks before sailing, although it can be anytime up to day of sailing. Once assigned, if you would prefer a different location, as long as one is available in your assigned category you can request a change to that stateroom and, again in our experience, it will be changed at no charge. Upgrades to a different category can be made as long as there is a difference to be paid from that of your original booking rate and the new rate and category is not specified as for new bookings only.