Saturday’s Missile Threat

Tamara

I was on the POA, getting ready to disembark when the false missile threat occurred. An announcement came over the loudspeaker that due to a security incident, they were suspending the disembarking process. We had no details. About 20 minutes later we were allowed to disembark. We were told that someone had pushed the wrong button.

When we got to where our Roberts ride to the airport was to meet us, we were told to wait in a particular spot until the busses were allowed into the port. Once we were on the bus, our cell phones all rang with the all clear. Funny to hear them all go off at the same time!

We were on the POA as well that day. We were still in our cabin (waiting to get off the ship) when our phones went off. Just as Oboedot had mentioned....shortly after the alert came over our phones the Capt. stated that they were still assessing the situation. Shortly before our phones gave us the all clear the captain gave the all clear announcement.

My husbands first thought when the alert came out was that someone pushed the wrong button....because the sirens were not activated. I had talked to someone later on that stated that the sirens were going off at pearl harbor but I'm not sure if that occurred or not.

We were not affected by the incident because we were staying an extra day on the island. It was a little unnerving but on the positive side it lets those involved (Law enforcement/military/disaster prepared etc. ) that there are bugs in the system that need to improved upon.