Has the Seaside Dinner Buffet Improved?

The Admiral

I’m very curious too!seaside is currently the cheapest ship sailing from Florida over spring break/Easter week. It’s tempting as a new ship but This would be a deal breaker for me so someone please report. Pictures of deck 16 buffet at dinner would be extra splendid.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off Seaside 3 days ago. We were on Divina and loved it, however, we will never set foot back on Seaside, and the reason is because of the buffet.

There are way too many people on this ship for such a tiny buffet. The promenade deck is a waste of space on this ship because no one can use it after 4:00pm, because they're preparing the larger buffet to be a main dining room, and the majority of the promenade deck is the marketplace on Deck 8. The food was repetitive. Same thing, just a different day. They were always out of ice, or cups, or even mugs for coffee.

We wanted to cancel when we found out that the large buffet was going to be a main dining room every evening, but it was too late to cancel. We made the best of the situation, but we knew within the 3rd day of our cruise, that we would not be returning to Seaside. It's just too small of a ship for 5,000 people. It was the first time on any cruise ship I've been on, that I seen people sitting on the floor eating on disembarkation day, because the buffets were just not large enough to accommodate so many people.

So, to answer your question.... as of January 13th, it was still awful.

We just got off Seaside 3 days ago. We were on Divina and loved it, however, we will never set foot back on Seaside, and the reason is because of the buffet.

There are way too many people on this ship for such a tiny buffet. The promenade deck is a waste of space on this ship because no one can use it after 4:00pm, because they're preparing the larger buffet to be a main dining room, and the majority of the promenade deck is the marketplace on Deck 8. The food was repetitive. Same thing, just a different day. They were always out of ice, or cups, or even mugs for coffee.

We wanted to cancel when we found out that the large buffet was going to be a main dining room every evening, but it was too late to cancel. We made the best of the situation, but we knew within the 3rd day of our cruise, that we would not be returning to Seaside. It's just too small of a ship for 5,000 people. It was the first time on any cruise ship I've been on, that I seen people sitting on the floor eating on disembarkation day, because the buffets were just not large enough to accommodate so many people.

Was elegant night menu cancelled because there were not enough lobsters? Read somewhere MDR ran out of food but not sure if they was accurate or recent.

Oh gosh, I hope MSC comes to their senses and moves the MDR dinner to the smaller buffet before we cruise.

Oh gosh, I hope MSC comes to their senses and moves the MDR dinner to the smaller buffet before we cruise.

I hope, for your sake, that they do that, as well. We seen many people eating in the tiny buffet dressed elegantly. Every time we seen a family walking in dressed with elegant clothing, we would just look at one another and say "they must have missed the time for their MDR", because if you show up after 15 minutes, they MDR's doors get locked and you have to find some place else to eat, which leaves you only with the tiny buffet on Deck 16.

Family is going and they’re stuck because it’s too late to cancel so I’m hoping it gets better for their cruise, I’m the one that recommended Seaside ...rest assured I will never recommend another ship unless I actually sailed it first :(

I know exactly how you feel. We found out about the main buffet changing into an MDR, only a few days before we went on our cruise, and my husband was furious. Anyone that is a Bella experience customer, eats in the Buffet/Restaurant, but they choose from a menu, and most of the tables are tall, and you sit on bar stool-like chairs. You can see that the Marketplace Buffet is designed for a buffet, and it doesn't even look like a main diningroom. I called MSC's customer service before we went on the cruise and asked about the buffet being an MDR, and I was told that they just found out themselves, and were receiving a lot of calls where people were complaining. I actually gagged when I first got on the ship. You walk into this beautiful ship, and then you smell septic. And it just doesn't linger in the Atrium area. It will be waiting for you in your stateroom, as well, and also in the buffet. It was the craziest ship we've ever been on. But my husband and I had a nice time, and I told my husband that I really goofed when I booked this particular cruise.

I haven’t taken pictures, but yes, it is small and it can get crowded. I wouldn’t say the food is terrible, but I haven’t had to eat their for dinner either. We have ate in the dining room every night this week except once. That night we grabbed to go burgers and a plate of fries and watched in the sports bar (SKOL Vikes!!!)

My best piece of advice for folks is to get food and take it elsewhere. There are SO many pretty, comfortable places to sit and relax. Lunch we sit outside and if inclement we sit indoors somewhere. There are lots of tables inside that aren’t in the buffet.

I know exactly how you feel. We found out about the main buffet changing into an MDR, only a few days before we went on our cruise, and my husband was furious. Anyone that is a Bella experience customer, eats in the Buffet/Restaurant, but they choose from a menu, and most of the tables are tall, and you sit on bar stool-like chairs. You can see that the Marketplace Buffet is designed for a buffet, and it doesn't even look like a main diningroom. I called MSC's customer service before we went on the cruise and asked about the buffet being an MDR, and I was told that they just found out themselves, and were receiving a lot of calls where people were complaining. I actually gagged when I first got on the ship. You walk into this beautiful ship, and then you smell septic. And it just doesn't linger in the Atrium area. It will be waiting for you in your stateroom, as well, and also in the buffet. It was the craziest ship we've ever been on. But my husband and I had a nice time, and I told my husband that I really goofed when I booked this particular cruise.

MSC Customer service SWEARS up and down I have confirmed early dining in the MDR and we are Bella experience for Seaside; how on Earth are bar height tables and chairs going to work with a toddler.

MSC Customer service SWEARS up and down I have confirmed early dining in the MDR and we are Bella experience for Seaside; how on Earth are bar height tables and chairs going to work with a toddler.

While I doubt MSC has them, I've seen bar height high chairs or high chairs attached to bar chairs.

Hard for me to believe there are alot (if any) bar height tables in larger buffet.... I've cruised on 5 different lines and don't recall seeing any in the other buffets on different ships

Oh there's a *lot* from what I've seen on Youtube videos lcpagejr :( I'll try to find a vid and post.

I think MSC is trying for the casual/contemporary look and feel and keeps traffic moving - quick eating (and that's a great thing for a buffet IMHO). I suspect that won't go down so well when it's converted to a MDR at night :confused:

Oh there's a *lot* from what I've seen on Youtube videos lcpagejr :( I'll try to find a vid and post.

I think MSC is trying for the casual/contemporary look and feel and keeps traffic moving - quick eating (and that's a great thing for a buffet IMHO). I suspect that won't go down so well when it's converted to a MDR at night :confused:

Thanks...Just surprises me...Then again it makes sense since it seems they poorly underestimated/planned the dining options and seating

Thanks...Just surprises me...Then again it makes sense since it seems they poorly underestimated/planned the dining options and seating

No problem. I'm still reserving judgement, and also would like someone who has been onboard just HOW MUCH (% wise) of this kind of seating is there. I know there is outside seating too - but not sure if utilised as MDR seating if weather poor?

In the meantime, this is one vid - right at the beginning you can see at least one section with the benches.

Cheers...

Hard to tell if all these high tops are at the entrance, but the flooring looks different to me which indicates two different areas. There does appear to be a significant amount of regular tables too and some extra awesome outdoor seating that i would personally choose over the mdr.

efa5d79563042a69318c9db4dee1a3e2.jpg

516903e5f34f44022df53fdd1c17af82.jpg

0614f05d9493886e3d52a177d973b75a.jpg

a00e7c4df7b0fa1070dba5dbae24ca3b.jpg

b3751e2c81fe1b3fb2b1aba236c08057.jpg

Hard to tell if all these high tops are at the entrance, but the flooring looks different to me which indicates two different areas. There does appear to be a significant amount of regular tables too and some extra awesome outdoor seating that i would personally choose over the mdr.

efa5d79563042a69318c9db4dee1a3e2.jpg

516903e5f34f44022df53fdd1c17af82.jpg

0614f05d9493886e3d52a177d973b75a.jpg

a00e7c4df7b0fa1070dba5dbae24ca3b.jpg

b3751e2c81fe1b3fb2b1aba236c08057.jpg

Those are the ones right at the entrance, and to my recollection, the only high tops in the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the problem is planning for an overflow. Most cruises you don’t see the buffet being used for dinner. When school vacation hits the numbers of third, fourth and fifth occupants in the cabins swells the general population onboard. The next problem is supplying the extra labor. How do you set up a third dining room and plan a menu for hundreds of extra pax?? You will also need more servers and more kitchen personnel. The logistics are mind boggling. I am sure MSC will figure this out as time goes by.

listen, stop worrying and enjoy your cruise... the tall tables were at the entrance.....

What is wrong with bar tables? I see them in buffets all the time.