Flight from Hong Kong. Time to airport after cruise?

DT1304

I am considering a cruise that ends in Hong Kong. It is due to dock at 6am, so we will get off the ship early.

Although I would have wanted to stay in Hong Kong for a couple of days, I can get a flight home for my whole family for AU$2900 cheaper if I fly on the day the cruise ends.

The flights would be International, leaving Hong Kong at 14:50.

There will be 5 of us traveling, with probably 4 suitcases. How easy is this, and will I have enough time between disembarking and getting to the airport.

It's still possible to allocate, maybe 2 hours (2.5 hours if you do get off the ship early) to do a very quick & fast sightseeing stopover - around the Tsim Sha Tsui area, not far from the Kowloon AE Station (Airport Express) with free in-town check-in and airline baggage services, plus a quick 25 minutes ride out to the airport. Enough time to take some scenic pictures by the Victoria Harbour, ride the Star Ferry across, possibly do a quick classic dim sum lunch, before leaving around 12:45 or 1 PM from AE Station out to the HKIA.

The most direct & easy option - and, you will have plenty of time to hangout ( = sit & wait) inside the airport, do window shopping at the stores or check out duty-free goods, etc. - if you head straight out to the airport - by taking either a) 2 taxis since one isn't going fit all 5 of you and luggage ... same if you do this "shuttle" trip out to the AE Station for in-town check-in. or, b) consider booking an Uber Van online with their App, that's good for up to 7 w/o luggage - although, I am not a fan of these ride-sharing platform ... it's "out" there & some do it, just not on my recommendation list (called it a "bias" of mine

As long as your ship is on-time/early & quickly cleared, and start the disembarkation for your entire group to exit the ship - I see no reasons to still be "stranded" inside border control/immigration lines, customs hall or to wait for luggage - before getting outside in the public area, then downstairs to ground transportation to join the taxi queues - yes, there will be a line, but it will move along & you should be able to on the road by 9 AM, that's 3 hours after docking.

Travel time to airport is about 45 to 60 minutes in "normal" traffic, that's typically heavy but moving - Sunday is slow & will be better. Travel time to Kowloon's AE Station is under 30 minutes, with free porter services & efficient airline check-in & BP issued, not more than 30 minutes (around 10 AM) That would yield about 2.5 hours for some quick sightseeing near that area.

Of course, when we travel - 2 of us sometimes do get out to the airport early & clear all the usual formalities, and find our way into/up to the club/lounge - to sit back, relax & catch up with things before stepping onto the metal tin can for that long haul flight ... if access is a consideration, sometimes even buying a day pass for others traveling together is worth it. Air-side facilities at HKIA for everybody, however, is very good to excellent, as a top-rated airport and with free WiFi, it can keep everyone occupied for a few hours ... varied int'l dining options at the food courts, at "higher" prices than in-town, as expected.