Bidding for an Upgrade?

MalloryRB

Hi All! I'm less than 90 days away from my first cruise! We are cruising NCL and I just received an email yesterday inviting me to bid on an upgraded room. We booked an interior room and it is offering me a balcony room but I have to enter an amount I'm willing to pay... Here is the language from the email. Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a price I should try? What is the average accepted bid? HELP! =]

You are invited to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program, which gives you the opportunity to submit offers to upgrade your existing stateroom.

This exclusive offer is only available on a limited number of staterooms on your cruise.

NCL reserves the right to not accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of NCL. NCL reserves the right to accept any offer from the time it is submitted to the departure date and time.

Offers are based on double occupancy. Only the first and second passenger on the reservation will be charged.

Once your bid is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable. The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.

NCL cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. Your cabin number will depend on space availability and cannot be changed.

I sail March 3rd and I have am still waiting for a response. There is lots of helpful information on the bidding process online.

Just know that it is a wait and see game(not guaranteed) decision can be made up to 2 days before sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums