I Finally Booked It!

stickey_mouse

After months of deliberation, reading threads, and asking questions, I finally booked a room on the Nieuw Amsterdam for next month's Feb. 24, Western Caribbean sailing. I'm looking forward to experiencing the NA for the first time! Thanks to all of you for your help along the way.

After months of deliberation, reading threads, and asking questions, I finally booked a room on the Nieuw Amsterdam for next month's Feb. 24, Western Caribbean sailing. I'm looking forward to experiencing the NA for the first time! Thanks to all of you for your help along the way.

So funny. After hours of deliberation yesterday (maybe 3 or 4), we just booked the very same cruise. I actually wanted to book an earlier cruise but its sold out and there's only a few cabins left on this cruise. Carnival Corp. shareholders should be very happy!

We reluctantly booked the NA last year to see what HAL's "larger ships" were like since we have only sailed and have preferred her smaller ones. We found ourselves liking the NA a lot, and now have no qualms if we are finally aged out of the smaller HAL ships as they slowly leave HAL service.

We thought the NA decor was the prettiest of all HAL ships so far and love the Tamarind dining option only found on these "larger" HAL ships. Plus she offers that very best cabin category found only on Vista and higher class ships - the enhanced verandah cabin choice, one step down from a full Neptune suite but larger than the standard verandah - that cabin option we think is the best of both worlds.