Transport from Laem Chabang to Bangkok & Return

MadManOfBethesda

My wife and I just booked a last minute cruise for next month from Singapore to Hong Kong, which also includes an overnight stay in Bangkok (Laem Chabang). We've been to Bangkok before many years ago so we don't want to take any guided tours from the ship, and since this is last minute, the ship's overnight "on your own" transport excursion is already full. Accordingly, we need to find transport to Bangkok from Laem Chabang on one day and transport back to Laem Chabang from Bangkok the following day. I know that we can arrange transport to Bangkok from the port terminal on the first day, but how difficult (and how expensive) would it be to find one-way transport from Bangkok to Laem Chabang the following day once we're in Bangkok? Do taxis do this? If so, at what cost? Can hotel concierges arrange such transport with a private car? Or is it possible to book such return transport from the cruise terminal on the first day before we depart for Bangkok. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Getting a taxi back to L/C is the easy bit - your hotel can fix it (ask them when you arrive) and Bangkok-based operators are inexpensive.:)

Taxis available on-spec on the pier at L/C are in a cartel & you deal with the taxi-master.( some might call him The Godfather :eek:)

He will screw you for what he can get - he knows that there's no public transport & that if you've not got transportation fixed you have no choice but to deal with him. Expect to pay 50% to 100% more than a pre-booked car.:eek:

There are plenty of well-reviewed private transfer operators on the 'web, and1 strongly suggest that you book one, either one-way or both ways. They will offer a discount if you book both ways - since they're a little more expensive than Bangkok operators, the discount probably means that the total cost will be about the same as booking one way with them & the other way with your hotel

It's a few years back that we did it, so I can't quote worthwhile figures.

My information might also be out-of-date, but I doubt it

JB :)

• 4 months later...