Status Match Worth the Hassle if booked with Aurea Experience??

lcpagejr

I'm Platinum on Carnival....just wondering if its worthwhile to get the status match on MSC. I'm booked in a Aurea cabin so I have priority boarding which really is all I care about. Not sure what/if any other perks I would get by doing status match. Thanks

Turned my request around in 24 hrs!! They matched us to "Gold".... A bit disappointed since we get priority boarding with our Platinum status on Carnival. But in fairness... the match appears accurate. Assuming 100 pts per cruise day...we estimate we have about 90 cruise days on Carnival...and it takes 10,000 pts to reach Black card level. Still some nice benefits in "Gold"....

Turned my request around in 24 hrs!! They matched us to "Gold".... A bit disappointed since we get priority boarding with our Platinum status on Carnival. But in fairness... the match appears accurate. Assuming 100 pts per cruise day...we estimate we have about 90 cruise days on Carnival...and it takes 10,000 pts to reach Black card level. Still some nice benefits in "Gold"....

At least you get the 5% discount for status-matching. Then there's the bowl of fruit in your cabin. Not to mention the complimentary "gift" which can be either a tote bag or an MSC cap depending on what's onboard. Now don't get over-excited at the prospect of these wonderful "benefits". At least you didn't have to sail regularly on MSC to become entitled to these great perks.

At least you get the 5% discount for status-matching. Then there's the bowl of fruit in your cabin. Not to mention the complimentary "gift" which can be either a tote bag or an MSC cap depending on what's onboard. Now don't get over-excited at the prospect of these wonderful "benefits". At least you didn't have to sail regularly on MSC to become entitled to these great perks.

Very true.... and I agree, it is a very nice perk (especially the additional 5%) when considering you would start at ZERO when trying another line for the first time.!!

Very true.... and I agree, it is a very nice perk (especially the additional 5%) when considering you would start at ZERO when trying another line for the first time.!!

TBH, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek - apart from the 5% discount which is about the only perk really worth talking about.

For those who match to Black the perks are significantly better. For those of us who attained the level the old-fashioned way, they're not all that great a reward for the "loyalty" to the company.

TBH, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek - apart from the 5% discount which is about the only perk really worth talking about.

For those who match to Black the perks are significantly better. For those of us who attained the level the old-fashioned way, they're not all that great a reward for the "loyalty" to the company.

I know what you meant....lol. Didn't want to come across as ungrateful.... The way I look at it... status match pretty much paid for my gratuities...so not a bad way to invest 10 min of my time!!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. MSC is a very different beast to Carnival! Aurea is a great level to book - the perks really are worth the extra. The 2 that I put most value on are priority boarding and MyChoice dining for the simple reason that you can't pay extra for these if you book a lower "experience" whereas you can pay for the massage, access to the Spa and buy the room diffuser in the logo shop, etc.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. MSC is a very different beast to Carnival! Aurea is a great level to book - the perks really are worth the extra. The 2 that I put most value on are priority boarding and MyChoice dining for the simple reason that you can't pay extra for these if you book a lower "experience" whereas you can pay for the massage, access to the Spa and buy the room diffuser in the logo shop, etc.

Thank you and You just made my day...I completely forgot Aurea DOES get priority boarding and that's the category we are booked in!! And I agree the seperate dining section is a plus!!. MSC makes things so confusing with all these different "experience" levels..... I feel like I'm back in college studying for an exam trying to understand the ins/outs and access levels ....lol

As a Black Card Match, I got the following: VIP Line at Cruise port, 5% discount, Robe & Slippers in cabin, Fruit & Champagne in cabin, Black Card VIP Senior Officer's Party, 8/10 Picture with Captain, Chef's Gourmet Canape in cabin, Cabin Gift, Black Card Gift, $50 On-Board Credit, Free Dance Class, use of the Spa on one Port Day, and best of all, one Dinner for Two, at a Specialty Dining Room.

As a Black Card Match, I got the following: VIP Line at Cruise port, 5% discount, Robe & Slippers in cabin, Fruit & Champagne in cabin, Black Card VIP Senior Officer's Party, 8/10 Picture with Captain, Chef's Gourmet Canape in cabin, Cabin Gift, Black Card Gift, $50 On-Board Credit, Free Dance Class, use of the Spa on one Port Day, and best of all, one Dinner for Two, at a Specialty Dining Room.

What was the "cabin gift" you received?

Hi, I don’t have any status with any other cruise lines but my husband is a diamond on Hilton. We submitted the status match and are waiting to hear back from MSC. Our reservation is under my name and not his. Does that matter? Will we still get the perks if he is matched to black?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums