What Do You Bring In Carry On?

livetheatre

What do you bring in your carry on and what do you typically do during the time between boarding and when your room is ready?

We’ve only been on one cruise and it was a three nighter in 09! So...it’s been a while. ;) leave Monday for five nights and looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Besides documents & valuables, we carry on a change of clothes and toiletries in case our luggage is delayed. We like to explore the ship and take pictures before it fills up, and check out our dining assignments in case we want to make a change.

We typically bring at least 3 days of casual clothing, personal care items, medication and our 2 bottles of wine. We typically do longer cruise, 10 nights or more so for a 5 night l would imagine clothing for 2 days would be plenty.

We usually board around 11am so head for a local for an early lunch and then hang out in one of the lounges for the 1pm cabin availability.

As above all the travel documents, toiletries, my swimsuit and an outfit that can be worn in the MDR.

I like to explore the ship, swim (weather permitting) and see what the cafes have to offer.

Have a great time!

I put as much stuff in my roll carry on as I can fit. I leave out the shoes, and any heavier clothing (I'm from the north), that I wore down and any other non essential items I don't need...I keep in my checked bag, Upon getting into our cabin, I essentially have everything I have to unpack, so I just hang the hangables and put my "unmentionalbes" away and I'm pretty much done, when the larger case arrives, I just shove it under the bed.

Wine must be carried on; it will be taken out of luggage.

Really? I’ve read so many post of people placing their two bottles in checked luggage. Anyone have first hand experience with this?

On my first cruise i didn't know anything so I was the one walking around in long pants and a t shirt burnt to a crisp on my face and arms before the cabin opened . Now I put my swim suit and sun block and a hat in my carry on. Plus a cute sundress incase my bags don't get to the room before dinner. Basically its just a cute over sized tote bag.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

If you don’t mind me asking here... does the carry on have to meet any size requirements (like with the airlines)?

Carry-on bag. The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels.

Carry-on bag. The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels.

I've seen way bigger bags go through in Port Canaveral. Heck, they're practically full sized suitcases. I'll verify next Sunday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I just bring my crossbody Vera bag. I usually have my mini iPad in it and travel docs. My DH brings his camera, his tablet, wireless headphones, etc.in a backpack. That is all we carry on. We have lunch, walk around a bit, and lay in the sun until room opens. :)