FlightEase works - almost!

Tennessee Titan

Booked cruise thru TA and flights direct on the HAL website. No option there for DeltaComfort, so I went to the airline web site and found all seating changes locked out. Called the airline and found out that the res was there,but was not ticketed (therefore no changes). Called HAL and got a combative, uninformed agent who implied , but did not say directly, that I had to go through my TA for any communication whatsoever (even though I booked the air direct with FllightEase). I did determine that FlightEase does not ticket until 60 days out (although they take your money instantly!)After many go rounds, I finally called the TA and got the flights cancelled. The TA came back, and she said HAL wanted to know if I wanted to keep the ticket if they ticketed me immediately!. At that point, I told them where to shove their ticket....

Flights were not excitingly cheap. Went to another airline, and booked in Economy Plus, spent $600 cash less (had to throw in 60k miles).

So next time (next week for another cruise) I now know how to play the game....

Booked cruise thru TA and flights direct on the HAL website. No option there for DeltaComfort, so I went to the airline web site and found all seating changes locked out. Called the airline and found out that the res was there,but was not ticketed (therefore no changes). Called HAL and got a combative, uninformed agent who implied , but did not say directly, that I had to go through my TA for any communication whatsoever (even though I booked the air direct with FllightEase). I did determine that FlightEase does not ticket until 60 days out (although they take your money instantly!)After many go rounds, I finally called the TA and got the flights cancelled. The TA came back, and she said HAL wanted to know if I wanted to keep the ticket if they ticketed me immediately!. At that point, I told them where to shove their ticket....

Flights were not excitingly cheap. Went to another airline, and booked in Economy Plus, spent $600 cash less (had to throw in 60k miles).

So next time (next week for another cruise) I now know how to play the game....

Funny about how things can be different from one reservation or agent to another. About 2 months ago I booked a flight, also on Delta, and was able to pick my seat right away. I just confirmed that I still have it. I don't remember if I chose the seat on HAL's site (I think I did) or on Delta's but I do have a seat assignment. I do have a Delta Sky Miles account if that makes a difference

I also was able to pick my seat on the airlines website after booking via FlightEase. Weird. We usually book using mileage points but with the “average” flight mile being worth .015 we found our last International one way trip back from Rome was cheaper using FlightEase.

Funny about how things can be different from one reservation or agent to another. About 2 months ago I booked a flight, also on Delta, and was able to pick my seat right away. I just confirmed that I still have it. I don't remember if I chose the seat on HAL's site (I think I did) or on Delta's but I do have a seat assignment. I do have a Delta Sky Miles account if that makes a difference

Did you (attempt to)/book Delta Comfort?

Don't get me nervous now.

We are using flight ease for the first time in more decades than I choose to say. I usually use FF miles, but the deal was good so I went with it.

I can see my seats that I was offered when I check but not my connecting ones.

Other than that, it all looks good as long as I get a ticket.

I'm going to be patient on that as we don't sail for a few months yet, but final payment was coming so I paid. Now, I can get on KLM's website. Yippee :).

But the planner in me, wants her ticket in hand. Do the tickets come from HAL (if anyone on can help) and how far out from sailing?

In the past I have always done better with FF, but the 8 hour layover and the appeal for DH to do KLM won us over.

Don't get me nervous now.

We are using flight ease for the first time in more decades than I choose to say. I usually use FF miles, but the deal was good so I went with it.

I can see my seats that I was offered when I check but not my connecting ones.

Other than that, it all looks good as long as I get a ticket.

I'm going to be patient on that as we don't sail for a few months yet, but final payment was coming so I paid. Now, I can get on KLM's website. Yippee :).

But the planner in me, wants her ticket in hand. Do the tickets come from HAL (if anyone on can help) and how far out from sailing?

In the past I have always done better with FF, but the 8 hour layover and the appeal for DH to do KLM won us over.

Just to note: we've had excellent flights with KLM.

FlightEase requires a bit of patience. Once you get your airline locator number, the rest is easy.

We got this from our TA and used it to sign into KLM's site and choose seats, etc.

Our pricing was about 4% more than what we could have booked ourselves for the exact flights: cheap insurance!

You can always phone KLM and get some info that way.

Just to note: we've had excellent flights with KLM.

FlightEase requires a bit of patience. Once you get your airline locator number, the rest is easy.

We got this from our TA and used it to sign into KLM's site and choose seats, etc.

Our pricing was about 4% more than what we could have booked ourselves for the exact flights: cheap insurance!

You can always phone KLM and get some info that way.

Thanks. :)

Our flight is very cheap about 70% less than if we paid. Not cheaper than using FF of course, but a good deal and we are looking forward to it. And KLM was a "bucket list" thing for DH.

No problem to log in - but I do think I should have an airline ticket before we go in hand ;)

That's my only concern.

Thanks Silver to Gold :D

Our flight is very cheap about 70% less than if we paid. Not cheaper than using FF of course, but a good deal and we are looking forward to it. And KLM was a "bucket list" thing for DH.

No problem to log in - but I do think I should have an airline ticket before we go in hand ;)

That's my only concern.

=======================

You will have the tickets. I think they were available 60 days out. You can phone KLM, Flight Ease or the TA about this.

I've had very different experiences with Flight Ease than OP. When I book my flights with Flight Ease, I don't pay for them until final payment. Yes, HAL pays for the ticket about 45-60 days out. Delta has always allowed me to choose a seat. American wouldn't let me in and United did. I was able to upgrade to Economy as it Should Be with no problem.

Did you (attempt to)/book Delta Comfort?

I booked Economy Comfort on Delta for a one way to CPH for VOV Cruise using Flexi Fare on Flight Ease. I had no problem picking seats and went through HAL’s site under My Reservation even though booked with the Big Box.

• Like 1

That's my only concern.

=======================

You will have the tickets. I think they were available 60 days out. You can phone KLM, Flight Ease or the TA about this.

Thanks. :). I can have a bit of patience, I guess.

Have used Flight Ease a couple of times.... (one was with KLM).don't remember getting tickets but we were able to print out our boarding passes once they were available (usually 24 hrs prior). Got spoiled by KLM....enjoy your trip!

Thanks both. We'll be in Amsterdam so easily able to print out boarding passes.

But the old fashioned lady still likes to have a ticket that she can put in her Ibooks and print out a copy to be safe.

Appreciate the feedback and help. And we're looking forward to KLM biz class. And not having an 8 hour layover in Toronto. ;)

I've had very different experiences with Flight Ease than OP. When I book my flights with Flight Ease, I don't pay for them until final payment. Yes, HAL pays for the ticket about 45-60 days out. Delta has always allowed me to choose a seat. American wouldn't let me in and United did. I was able to upgrade to Economy as it Should Be with no problem.

I made a reservation through my TA on Flight Ease for my cruise this summer out of Amsterdam. I pay for the flight the same time that I pay for the cruise (in April). However, no record locator exists for me until the flight is paid. That is what I am being told. It is considered a group reservation by HAL and HAL gets to dole out seats as they see fit at the moment they pay for the flight, so I am going to worry!

We used Flight Ease in May going to Rome and returning from Amsterdam. Booked our flights a few months prior to the cruise flying with British Airways and we were able to choose our seats. I went into the BA website to locate our reservation and it was just as it should be. Changed our seats twice before our flight. Paid for flights when we did final payment for our cruise. Because we needed a multi city booking, the price with BA was extremely expensive. Our Flight Ease price was over $2000.00 (total Canadian $) LESS expensive than BA! Will be using Flight East again for our Prinsendam Med cruise. I don't think you can beat HAL's air prices to Europe.

I made a reservation through my TA on Flight Ease for my cruise this summer out of Amsterdam. I pay for the flight the same time that I pay for the cruise (in April). However, no record locator exists for me until the flight is paid. That is what I am being told. It is considered a group reservation by HAL and HAL gets to dole out seats as they see fit at the moment they pay for the flight, so I am going to worry!

Interesting. Maybe it’s a difference in destination or a new policy. When I booked for South America (in September, cruise is next month), my TA conference called HAL and the HAL agent asked me which seats I wanted. I paid about 6weeks later, and did receive a PNR immediately.

Interesting. Maybe it’s a difference in destination or a new policy. When I booked for South America (in September, cruise is next month), my TA conference called HAL and the HAL agent asked me which seats I wanted. I paid about 6weeks later, and did receive a PNR immediately.

I just spoke with my TA and she told me that it is pretty common not to be able to do anything in terms of seats until the cruise/flight is paid for. I am in HALs group reservation but Delta doesn't know who I am until the flight is ticketed.

I once booked a cruise flight flight through a private travel agent and the airline refused to talk to me even though they had cancelled my flight! On top of that, my travel agent was away on vacation and alternative airline seats were getting scarce. After that experience I have preferred to book directly whenever possible.

If you had booked everything through HAL's personal cruise consultants then you would have had someone helping you rather than being combative. Think of the PCC's as an umbrella policy.

igraf

Booked cruise thru TA and flights direct on the HAL website. No option there for DeltaComfort, so I went to the airline web site and found all seating changes locked out. Called the airline and found out that the res was there,but was not ticketed (therefore no changes). Called HAL and got a combative, uninformed agent who implied , but did not say directly, that I had to go through my TA for any communication whatsoever (even though I booked the air direct with FllightEase)....

I just spoke with my TA and she told me that it is pretty common not to be able to do anything in terms of seats until the cruise/flight is paid for. I am in HALs group reservation but Delta doesn't know who I am until the flight is ticketed.

I don't understand why you couldn't get the Flight Confirmation # from your TA. I have three flights for three Cruises this year booked through HAL's Flight Ease but Cruises booked with Big Box. Two I booked direct under "My Reservation" and picked the Seats and the April one I booked through HAL via Big Box on phone. Once I had the Record Locator # I logged into Delta and put in the Flight Confirmation Booking # under My Trips and it pulled up. When I booked through the Big Box (which wasn't the first time) before I called I checked out the flights and what Seats were available and asked for those Seats and had them assigned. I booked the flights for the April Cruise through Big Box in October. The only flight I couldn't get Seat Assignments for at the time was my Air France connector until a couple of weeks ago. The actual Delta flights were no problem getting Seats Assigned.

I don't understand why you couldn't get the Flight Confirmation # from your TA.

I will try calling again, but the TA said that it doesn't exist yet. HAL has not given Delta any names yet for the flights and will not give Delta any names until the flights are ticketed.