Seaside "Buttergate"

leos037

Just got off the ship, Fantastica package 5:30 Ipanema MDR.

Apparently if you not eating in specialty restaurant or Yaht club you cant get butter. What they have on the table is gag margarine and some other veg butter substitute. We asked and were told that they don't have any. My 7 year old who love butter was disappointed. I thought it was isolated but then encountered a passenger at guest services trowing a fit that he had to go and buy butter on one of the islands to bring on board :D

...I also found not having a bread basket on the table at MDR and no water pitcher to be mildly annoying, since water was never refilled and it took them a while to go around offering bread and they did it once. An issue if you have hungry kids

Ahhhh....The European experience!!
They keep this up in Miami and they can move their European experience back across the Atlantic where it came from. No bread, butter, coffee, pitchers of water in the MDR ..... This will go down like the Titanic eventually.

I think when I'm on the Seaside in a couple months I'm going to grab a seat by customer service with a few beers. Listening in on all the irate people at customer service might be the best entertainment on the ship.

Don't forget to grab a plate of cheese to go with the whine.

I think when I'm on the Seaside in a couple months I'm going to grab a seat by customer service with a few beers. Listening in on all the irate people at customer service might be the best entertainment on the ship.

Exactly.

FWIW- I heard someone complaining about this this week. It is the “nonno” butter that ppl were skeptical of. In the buffet the staff assured an irate man who was insistent it was margarine in disguise that it was in fact unsalted butter- something not popular in Italy. We ate both without noticing the difference! For goodness sakes people get a grip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also found not having a bread basket on the table at MDR and no water pitcher to be mildly annoying, since water was never refilled and it took them a while to go around offering bread and they did it once. An issue if you have hungry kids

Are you saying there is no pitcher on the table or the servers didn't have them to refill glasses? I've never seen water pitchers on the table on a cruise.

Exactly.

FWIW- I heard someone complaining about this this week. It is the “nonno” butter that ppl were skeptical of. In the buffet the staff assured an irate man who was insistent it was margarine in disguise that it was in fact unsalted butter- something not popular in Italy. We ate both without noticing the difference! For goodness sakes people get a grip!

The irrate man was right - if you look at the ingredients on that package first one is "grasa vegetal hidrogenada" - "hydrogenated vegetable grease" it says "

ideal for baking and pastry butter. It has a characteristic taste of a dairy farm butter" it does not its this stuff http://www.cremeria-americana.com.mx/html/nonna.html

The irrate man was right - if you look at the ingredients on that package first one is "grasa vegetal hidrogenada" - "hydrogenated vegetable grease" it says "

ideal for baking and pastry butter. It has a characteristic taste of a dairy farm butter" it does not its this stuff http://www.cremeria-americana.com.mx/html/nonna.html

Interesting.

Did they have olive oil on the table for dipping? That's the European thing to do.

Funny how the bread is hard to get, given that they make a big deal about it on the menu. Of course, they make a big deal about the 20 hour buffet on their website, too.

Interesting.

Did they have olive oil on the table for dipping? That's the European thing to do.

Funny how the bread is hard to get, given that they make a big deal about it on the menu. Of course, they make a big deal about the 20 hour buffet on their website, too.

Only on Italian night! Even though one other time they put out the little olive oil plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo - Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at dinner on Seaside. We also had dinner in the Ipanema Restaurant. We had a table for six, and some days if I recall right, had two types of butter. The bread was served early before appetizer and they came back around a second time. Water glass were filled up when we first sat and they left two water bottles on our table (not sure if it was because we had a beverage package). I will try and add pictures here.

49f209218008be0047e13752862d4663.jpg

Closeup

2c2c8257b56a30b0b33c425fbe80d306.jpg

Bottle water on table and a thing of different butter on the side (I think it’s butter)

aec6e03bf122f723d44f5551f8b6b8d5.jpg

Leo - Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at dinner on Seaside. We also had dinner in the Ipanema Restaurant. We had a table for six, and some days if I recall right, had two types of butter. The bread was served early before appetizer and they came back around a second time. Water glass were filled up when we first sat and they left two water bottles on our table (not sure if it was because we had a beverage package). I will try and add pictures here.

49f209218008be0047e13752862d4663.jpg

Closeup

2c2c8257b56a30b0b33c425fbe80d306.jpg

Bottle water on table and a thing of different butter on the side (I think it’s butter)

aec6e03bf122f723d44f5551f8b6b8d5.jpg

This is spreadable unsalted butter it’s actually my favourite and I buy it all the time. It has added olive or rapeseed oil to make it spreadable.

The non spreadable one is pure butter.

I think it is one of the best selling brands here in the U.K..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What’s next, we can’t get brickbog orange juice that we usually get in daysville supermarket, they serve a different kind in the MDR. Sorry but I’m struggling here with some of the things that are ‘complaints’ life’s too short , enjoy your holidays folks it’s what we work hard for.

What a load of tripe, “Europeans prefer marg”. I think you’ll find that it’s an American thing that came over here. In the UK we prefer natural ingredients, unhomoginised milk with a thick layer of cream floating on the top. And Lurpak is one of the most expensive butters you can buy.