Yacht Club Elegant Nights

freshfielder

Hi everyone, going on Splendida Yacht Club next week, how dressed up is elegant? Do most men wear a plain dark suit, shirt and tie or a black dinner suit and and bow tie. Dont want to pack both cos of airline weight allowancesAny help much appreciated :):)

On a recent transatlantic there were four formal nights. In the yacht club everyone was pretty elegant, ranging from "country club casual" to suits, jackets and just the odd one or two in full tux. Cannot speak for the rest of the ship though.

Are you on the 27th Sailing...if so I am relieved to know I am not the only one!! Are you from the UK?

I will be on the cruise from Abu Dhabi 04/02 in the Yacht Club.

Jacket with an open neck shirt is as formal as I will be going, on our last YC cruise an English couple were "having a moment", I told you I would be overdressed in a DJ, he was not happy.

Thanks for your replies and advice. Guess it will be a dark suit etc.. which will be lighter in weight in comparison to black tie.

Sorry Andante we are going to India for a week before joining the Splendida on the 4th Feb for a week. Yes we are from the UK and never been in the YC before but from all reports we will enjoy it.

Will let you all know later.

Our first formal in YC tonight.

My suit wearing days are long over - I dont even own a tie these days.

For me it will be black trousers and a short sleeve button shirt.

IF they state 100% formal in advance I would respect that for those who enjoy it and Id make do in the buffet for a night (or sulk in my room lol)

Will let you all know later.

Our first formal in YC tonight.

My suit wearing days are long over - I dont even own a tie these days.

For me it will be black trousers and a short sleeve button shirt.

IF they state 100% formal in advance I would respect that for those who enjoy it and Id make do in the buffet for a night (or sulk in my room lol)

I think you'll be fine with what you plan to wear - especially in YC. Fewer people tend to dress formally in YC from my experience. Look forward to hearing about yours.

I would be less inclined to bring along "formal" clothes if they continue to just have the one elegant night as some have noted in the first few sailings rather than the two planned.

Are you referring to Seaside? This thread is about Splendida. I'm sure they'll have 2 formal nights. They had 2 formal nights last February when we sailed on Fantasia in the region.