Remove sofa from Verandah?

DSJ28

This is a crazy question... but i find that when traveling with my best friend, we don't need a sofa in our cabin. We've traveled just about every category except inside. Other than suites, my favorite cabin configuration is actually Carnival's ocean view because we are able to configure our beds in an L shape. It gives us lots of interior space for dressing up and it just works for us.

We're traveling on the reflection soon, and we have a verandah. I believe the bed will be located near the closet. I'd like to have the sofa removed... and put one of the twin beds in it's place. Then place the other twin along the wall underneath the overhead bin giving us a lot more floor space.

Questions:

1 - is the sofa removable?

2 - will they remove it?

If one is no, I'll stop there. But if it's a yes, I'll at least request #2 (that made me giggle... geeesh - I'm never gonna grow up!)

This is a crazy question... but i find that when traveling with my best friend, we don't need a sofa in our cabin. We've traveled just about every category except inside. Other than suites, my favorite cabin configuration is actually Carnival's ocean view because we are able to configure our beds in an L shape. It gives us lots of interior space for dressing up and it just works for us.

We're traveling on the reflection soon, and we have a verandah. I believe the bed will be located near the closet. I'd like to have the sofa removed... and put one of the twin beds in it's place. Then place the other twin along the wall underneath the overhead bin giving us a lot more floor space.

Questions:

2 - will they remove it?

If one is no, I'll stop there. But if it's a yes, I'll at least request #2 (that made me giggle... geeesh - I'm never gonna grow up!)

I suspect the answer is a no. They don't have places to store your extra furniture. At least for sofa beds and I think sofas, they are attached to the walls/floor.

I think that's asking too much....

I appreciate your opinion about this, I certainly don't want to be a nuisance. If the sofa bed is removable, I would want to inquire because if they do this for us and it results in a more comfortable experience, I'll be more likely to book again. If they can't or won't remove the sofa - I will not be offended or upset about it. I agree this is too much to demand - but I don't think it's too much to ask.

Questions:

2 - will they remove it?

I think your answer would be no. But if you are looking for floor space why don't you each book adjoining studio rooms then that way you won't feel on top of each other and the bonus would be that you each have your own bathroom, shower and closets........

Questions:

1 - is the sofa removable? YES

2 - will they remove it? NO

The furniture is removed only for maintenance

I think there is no space available on the ship to store your sofa

As I understand the only option configurable in the cabin are the beds if you want them together or separately.

Obviously the sofa can be removed, even if someone from maintenance has to come and disassemble it, and I'm sure that room could be found aboard to store it. However, I think that it would be totally unreasonable to make such a request. This is significantly more involved than having beds placed together or apart. Not only would it entail quite a bit of work to take it out, but at the end of the cruise more work would have to be scheduled to re-install the sofa.

I appreciate your desire for more room in your cabin - don't we all? - but the only reasonable way of achieving that is by booking a more spacious cabin in the first place.

I've seen a few rooms that have a chair instead of a sofa. Not sure which rooms those are, but I know that my friends interior last February was one.

It is too late this time, but you might look for one for your next cruise.

Is it marked on the deck plans? have you seen a picture?

I think your answer would be no. But if you are looking for floor space why don't you each book adjoining studio rooms then that way you won't feel on top of each other and the bonus would be that you each have your own bathroom, shower and closets........

Hmm... I've never heard of studio cabins on celebrity. I'm on the Reflection. I'll look into that for future cruises. Thanks for the suggestion. We only get together once a year for cruises - which turn into a big pajama party. The space is fine - I am just exploring options here - great suggestion.

Obviously the sofa can be removed, even if someone from maintenance has to come and disassemble it, and I'm sure that room could be found aboard to store it. However, I think that it would be totally unreasonable to make such a request. This is significantly more involved than having beds placed together or apart. Not only would it entail quite a bit of work to take it out, but at the end of the cruise more work would have to be scheduled to re-install the sofa.

I appreciate your desire for more room in your cabin - don't we all? - but the only reasonable way of achieving that is by booking a more spacious cabin in the first place.

Yes - a more spacious cabin would be lovely. We have booked suites in the past, but this time it wasn't an option. We're happy with what we have - just looking at the options. I had no doubt that booking a more spacious cabin would result in having more space - but thanks for responding.

If you want more privacy when sleeping then take strong magnets , a rope and a solid nylon shower curtain. You can hang this between the two beds and draw it back during the day

Thanks for the suggestion. Privacy isn't an issue for us. This has been my best friend since I was 10 and we've cruised together a dozen times. But - I like the suggestion anyway - I'm considering a trip with friends from work and this sounds like a great tip for us. Thanks again!

I've seen a few rooms that have a chair instead of a sofa. Not sure which rooms those are, but I know that my friends interior last February was one.

It is too late this time, but you might look for one for your next cruise.

Okay - I've actually never had an interior room now that i think about it. I will look into this next time. Thanks so much!

We had the little table removed to give us a bit more room. My dad had an inside with only a chair and lots more space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Removing the table sounds like a good idea. I'll call and request that tomorrow. Thanks for the great suggestion.

With curiosity I spoke to cabin steward who said that my sofa is screwed into the wall and floor and at the thought of taking it apart and removing it he just laughed and said "but where would we put it?"

:D I said it was a crazy question :D Thanks so much for asking. I was thinking that I'd make the request in advance of the cruise so that the sofa would not be stored on the ship. But, if it's screwed to the wall..geeesh. It sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

The furniture is removed only for maintenance

I think there is no space available on the ship to store your sofa

As I understand the only option configurable in the cabin are the beds if you want them together or separately.

It's sounding like you are correct based on the other responses. But I wanted to just point out that I've never seen the L shape configuration we've used before advertised or discussed. It's bee a great option in our ocean view cabin (on Carnival - i've never been in an ocean view on Celebrity). And we moved the beds ourselves, on more than one cruise. It takes us 5 minutes tops. I wish it was an option here - but - we'll enjoy the trip either way. Thanks so much for responding

:D I said it was a crazy question :D Thanks so much for asking. I was thinking that I'd make the request in advance of the cruise so that the sofa would not be stored on the ship. But, if it's screwed to the wall..geeesh. It sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Where do you think they would store it? It's not like the ship you are sailing on is the only ship using that pier and they don't rent storage lockers in the port city.

DH and I had an L shape bed configuration on Royal's Sovereign of the Seas in a Superior cabin...yrs ago...It seemed like it would be great until we learned the steward would move the beds together with the idea they would stay that way..

That left no room whatsoever to walk around,...Lucky for us, he was a very cooperative guy and moved the beds back and forth each day,,Above and Beyond = big tip,

Moving or removing a couch is another issue,,,so most probably a NO GO... The L shape makes sense but no room to achieve that with the couch...

I was on Regal Princess veranda cabin last October. There were two vanity spaces in the cabin, an armless chair for one vanity and a small table with another chair. It got very crowded constantly having to move the larger chair.

I finally picked it up and placed it in the open closet space opposite the bathroom. This made the cabin seem a lot larger and we still had the chair to pile stuff on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums