Any experience on Divina 22 night transatlantic from Genoa to Miami

FinnCruiser

Hi! Just booked this cruise for october 6th, but all reviews found are from 2015. The emb. in Genoa and leaving the ship in Miami is mainly in my interest, because coming and goin' by self booked flights from and to Finland. How long time one should be prepared to spend on these prosedures?

Hi! Just booked this cruise for october 6th, but all reviews found are from 2015.

That's because that was when Divina went to Miami and has been based there since - I was on that crossing. She's now returning to the Med for the Summer season before returning to Miami.

That's because that was when Divina went to Miami and has been based there since - I was on that crossing. She's now returning to the Med for the Summer season before returning to Miami.

OK. When You were on that crossing, how did the getting in and out of the ship was organized?

We boarded in Barcelona and had priority embarkation. Disembarkation was a nightmare. When we went to collect our luggage in the terminal it hadn't arrived from the ship. We were left standing for a very long time before it arrived. I was with my elderly parents who didn't have the stamina to stand for the duration - nowhere to sit. My DH has foot trouble from an old injury, so he had the same problem.

Be prepared for US immigration on the ship when you first arrive at whatever is the first US territorial port (I'm referring to whatever Caribbean island you may visit before getting to Miami). That is an ordeal! We went through this when we got to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We were given a time to go and meet with the officials. There were queues outside the theatre all day as passengers were processed. A lot of people missed this port of call as they didn't get processed 'til after 4pm. You cannot visit the port 'til you've gone through this procedure.

Be prepared for US immigration on the ship when you first arrive at whatever is the first US territorial port (I'm referring to whatever Caribbean island you may visit before getting to Miami). That is an ordeal! We went through this when we got to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We were given a time to go and meet with the officials. There were queues outside the theatre all day as passengers were processed. A lot of people missed this port of call as they didn't get processed 'til after 4pm. You cannot visit the port 'til you've gone through this procedure.

Thank you for information.

We have our first USA call in NY. Luckily we stay there for 34 hrs., so if the immigration is ready the first day we still have another day to visit the city. Maybe it's best to stay in Miami for few nights, so don't have stress for flight scedules.

We were on the Divina Genoa to Miami TA in 2015, embarcation in Genoa was very smooth. Our first port involving US immigration was US Virginia Islands, and again it was very busy at the theatre. We were quite fortunate and were processed in an hour.

One of our suitcases was missing when we disembarked in Miami, a trolly of the 'wrong yellow labels' went missing and we were there for an awfully long time waiting.

We disembarked Divina last year in Miami also and had no issues.