Traveling with medications

propwash

I did a search and found a thread from 2 years ago with links to the TSA site. In reading the TSA stuff about medications with your carry ons it talks about injectable meds are allowed but says special instructions. I can't find what special instructions are. It also says that sharps need to be carried in a hard case container. How the heck can you find one small enough to be carried on? One of my medications is a single shot syringe that retracts the needle, the other is insulin with replaceable needles.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

I use a hard side sunglass case. I got it at the second hand store for about a dollar. I do put a rubber band aroind it to be safe. My friend takes insulin and she used a rectangle pencil case she picked up at target. It holds her sharps and her insulin and pops in the fridge when she gets where she is going.

I use a hard side sunglass case. I got it at the second hand store for about a dollar. I do put a rubber band aroind it to be safe. My friend takes insulin and she used a rectangle pencil case she picked up at target. It holds her sharps and her insulin and pops in the fridge when she gets where she is going.

THANK YOU for the reply and help. Never thought about that as a way to transport.

Danny

You can get travel sized sharps containers at Target, CVS etc for a few $$. I have never filled my up and have definitely had 10 - 12 needles in there. Depending on the length of your cruise, you can also request a sharps container in your cabin - they are the normal sized ones.

I travel almost weekly with an injectable and the only thing I have ever said with TSA (and other countries as well) is if they do search my bag I let them know that I do have a little bag with needles and a pen. They have never actually opened that bag.

Mine doesn't have to be refrigerated so I don't have an issue there but I have seen others use a small ice pack bag with it inside and they will place it in the tray by itself and if there is a TSA agent working the front of the line, let them know that it is refrigerated medication. They rarely spend any additional screening time on it.

You can get travel sized sharps containers at Target, CVS etc for a few $$. I have never filled my up and have definitely had 10 - 12 needles in there. Depending on the length of your cruise, you can also request a sharps container in your cabin - they are the normal sized ones.

I travel almost weekly with an injectable and the only thing I have ever said with TSA (and other countries as well) is if they do search my bag I let them know that I do have a little bag with needles and a pen. They have never actually opened that bag.

Mine doesn't have to be refrigerated so I don't have an issue there but I have seen others use a small ice pack bag with it inside and they will place it in the tray by itself and if there is a TSA agent working the front of the line, let them know that it is refrigerated medication. They rarely spend any additional screening time on it.

Michelle........ THANKS for the help. I didn't know you can buy that sort of thing at Target.

Danny

have traveled with injectable syringe in cold pack in a small insulated package and have never had a problem. On the ship, I did not trust the temperature of the room fridge to be cold enough and asked to store it in the fridge down in the doctors office/ clinic and they were happy to do it. I think it was on level B.