Disney VS Royal Carribean?

Indee96

We were on our first cruise last year and enjoyed 7 nights on Oasis of the Seas. We were looking at booking a Disney cruise but the price seems really high. We could do 7 nights on Royal for the price of 4 on Disney. If you've sailed on both which did you prefer? Any tips or tricks for either cruise line? Any things you loved about either? Our daughters will be 10 and 13 at the time of our next sailing.

TIA!

We've sailed on both lines. It really boils down to how much extra you think the Disney name and on board characters are worth. Because that's the biggest difference. I'd also give Disney ships evening entertainment a slight edge as well. But if your preteens aren't gaga over meeting characters, I'd save the money and book a similar itinerary or spend the same amount on a longer cruise on RCI. That's what we did.

First I'll say that I LOVE Disney parks. There is such magic there. I've been on both cruise lines and I'm a Royal fan, but it depends on your family. For younger kids, Disney is a good pick as it's very kid focused...the theming, every night show is good for them, waterslides. For older kids (and of your kids age), Royal is a good match. But if you want waterslides, you need to pick Harmony, Symphony, and a couple of the smaller ships have them...but a lot do not yet. Shows are amazing (but not all perfect match for kids) and so much to do. Some ships as well have Dreamworks (shows, parades, meet and greets...which are quick, character breakfast) which my kids enjoyed and same age as yours when we went. More pools and other things to do (rock wall, zipline, flowrider, mini golf, etc). To me, Disney cruise is not worth the extra cost but it's a personal decision.

I hated the on board food in included restaurants on Disney so much that I went hungry every night except the night we ate in Paolo. ( which, conversely, was the single best meal at sea I have ever had)

on board entertainment is vastly superior on Disney. We also preferred their adult only area.

but I can sail in suite on Royal for less than a balcony cost on Disney. and I can eat a lot better too.

• 2 months later...

To me, the extra cost of Disney was not worth it. All cruises to me are great cruises (Royal, Carnival and disney) but dollar for dollar disney didnt give us anything extra. However, IF you have little ones that love the kids club, maybe you would value it.

I disliked the fact that cabanas wasnt open as much as Windjammer...our family likes the. my time (my place) dining. Even my 7 yr old wants to return to Royal caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Forums