Recent Use of Royal Princess Internet

djzuz

Getting ready to pre-purchase internet for my March 10 sailing on the Royal. Can any members report back that have sailed on the Royal recently with info on speed and if any other packages were offered onboard (ie package for full cruise duration or unlimited per day fees). My only experience with internet on board Princess was back in December on the Regal and it was the new Medallion Net Class speed at $9.99 per day. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getting ready to pre-purchase internet for my March 10 sailing on the Royal. Can any members report back that have sailed on the Royal recently with info on speed and if any other packages were offered onboard (ie package for full cruise duration or unlimited per day fees). My only experience with internet on board Princess was back in December on the Regal and it was the new Medallion Net Class speed at $9.99 per day. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I just got off the Royal on Friday. I must say that I was disappointed in the internet speed. Every night I was trying to see photos posted on Facebook by the kennels that my dogs were at. The kennel would post anywhere between 8 to 30 photos a day and I would try to open them up to see if my dogs were any of the featured dogs that day. Each night I would be frustrated at how slow the photos were to show. I was using my laptop to access the internet. Sometimes each photo would take around a minute to open. To me that was really slow and I saw it as my money ticking away.

From what I remember there were 4 packages and then a pay as you go. I had the package that gave me 240 minutes for $99 dollars. I think there were 2 more expensive packages for more money and one that was less expensive. I did use all of my minutes.

I hope this helps. I saw my dogs pictures appear twice. :)

I just got off the Royal on Friday. I must say that I was disappointed in the internet speed. Every night I was trying to see photos posted on Facebook by the kennels that my dogs were at. The kennel would post anywhere between 8 to 30 photos a day and I would try to open them up to see if my dogs were any of the featured dogs that day. Each night I would be frustrated at how slow the photos were to show. I was using my laptop to access the internet. Sometimes each photo would take around a minute to open. To me that was really slow and I saw it as my money ticking away.

From what I remember there were 4 packages and then a pay as you go. I had the package that gave me 240 minutes for $99 dollars. I think there were 2 more expensive packages for more money and one that was less expensive. I did use all of my minutes.

I hope this helps. I saw my dogs pictures appear twice. :)

Thanks for this. Fingers crossed that maybe we will be at the beginning of a trial or Medallion net speed (I won’t be holding my breath though)

Left the Royal on Nov 30th 2017

The Internet connection speed exceeded my expectations but I only downloaded email and The New York Times. I never tried to download photos so if you stick to text it works just fine.

Howard

I will be on the same cruise and also want to know what packages are available especially for Platinum & Elite pax.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the same cruise and also want to know what packages are available especially for Platinum & Elite pax.

Yes, us too! We are used to buying unlimited internet from Royal and Celebrity, so not sure what to do for this one. We are Platinum.

Yes, us too! We are used to buying unlimited internet from Royal and Celebrity, so not sure what to do for this one. We are Platinum.

Assuming this is a 10 day cruise you will each get 250 free minutes. The best deal for additional minutes will be when you first log on. If you don’t take up the offer then it will not be available again. Can’t remember the price.

We were on the Royal over New Years and I had no trouble posting photos to Instagram and Facebook. I think my record was 5 photos in under a minute. I was pleasantly surprised

Used it most recently with iPhone, iPad and Kindle Fire and found it was adequate for email and online queries. Successfully made a Facetime and Duo video call as well. Enjoy!

Used it most recently with iPhone, iPad and Kindle Fire and found it was adequate for email and online queries. Successfully made a Facetime and Duo video call as well. Enjoy!

Of course, if enough passengers simultaneously use high-bandwidth video streaming, it slows thing down to a crawl. For everybody.

We will be on the Royal Princess on the March 10th sailing as well. We are also Platinum. Platinum guests get 250 minutes per person which we have found the speed to be quite acceptable. We also don't do much with pictures so we haven't had any issues. Hope this helps.