Transportation ?: port to Kennedy space

We wanted to do the Kennedy Space Center on our own. Has anyone done this? There are 5 of us (3a and 2k). Is it better to get a taxi or Uber? Or are there shuttles that will take you? Thanks

I'm getting a rental car. Enterprise/National/Alamo has a shuttle from the port. I think we got one reserved for about $40 for the day

Kennedy Space Center sends marked buses to the port to pick up visitors.

With 5 people and the markup RCI charges it may be cheaper, but I would check prices because KSC would be an expensive taxi ride both ways. It's about 14 miles and almost 20 minutes one way.

We certainly enjoyed the day at KSC and found the KSC buses to be a no hassle way of traveling.

Thank you for your comments. I did not think about renting a car. Good idea. I will call today, but according to the website, the enterprise/national/Alamo office is not open until noon. That seems strange so I will check. Thanks

Also consider the other rental companies if Enterprise is not open early enough. If you don't want to wait for one of their free shuttles, you an Uber to their office for about $8.

Thank you for your comments. I did not think about renting a car. Good idea. I will call today, but according to the website, the enterprise/national/Alamo office is not open until noon. That seems strange so I will check. Thanks

I called their office and the recording while waiting for someone to pick up mentioned that they're open earlier on port days. Enterprise/Alamo/National is all in the same building as well. It was actually a good deal. Kinda took away the sting of potentially paying out the rear for transportation and/or parking at Bayonne when we embark :o

We did this recently. When you get off at the port there are a great number of taxis and shuttles to choose from. Do not take the first price you are given. We negotiated with or driver and got them to lower based upon the competition. We also made sure it was round trip and arranged a meeting time for pickup. All in all it was a win win for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We wanted to do the Kennedy Space Center on our own. Has anyone done this? There are 5 of us (3a and 2k). Is it better to get a taxi or Uber? Or are there shuttles that will take you? Thanks

There are lots of busses and shuttles. We walked a bit further down the line when we went and got a good price for nine of us. Round trip. Don’t be afraid to negotiate your price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

November 8, :eek:apparently the Symphony is stopping there before heading to Miami on our Transatlantic sailing.

JC

Actually to referring to the arrival time. ;)

Do you have plans yet?

You may have a delayed departure due to immigration.

Actually to referring to the arrival time. ;)

Do you have plans yet?

Nope, not sure what to do with this "port" have visited Cocoa Beach dozens of times including the KSC. They are charging $19 for a bus to Ron Jon's as one excursion or a bus for $39 to Orlando and Universal Studios. Which comparatively is a bargain. We might wander to Ron Jon's with Uber or if we are feeling cooped up having been on the TA for a week plus at sea, we might rent a car and go outlet shopping. My brother will probably be at his house in Port St. Lucie, but I don't imagine I will try to hook up with him, since I don't hook up with him when he is living here in the summer...:confused:

Leaning towards treating it like a sea day.

JC