Internet canceled, how long does the refund take?

gerelmx

Exactly two weeks after I canceled the internet package for our Eclipse March sailing, at the time of the operation I received the confirmation email. Until now no money back in my CC. would it be good to call?
Not too defend X but I would call your cc first. Could be a glitch on their end. A while back we had a bunch of refunds (not from X), but only two were showing online. When the statement was posted all of a different the other 4 refund items showed up on the statement but never on the online system.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

normally my refunds from X come through in 2-3 days.

I did have one a couple of months ago that I forgot until I came across the receipt. That cancellation had been made 5 weeks earlier. I called the Captains Club who checked abd found it had been started but the transaction was in suspense. She redid it and then followed up by calling me the next day to advise that the transaction had gone through. By late afternoon the credit was showing on-line

Reading the Cruise Planner found this, The time to receive the reimbursement is exaggerated.

From Celebrity:

Where you do cancel any purchase made via Cruise Planner, any relevant amount of Promotional OBC released by such cancellation will be credited back to your Cruise Planner account to be used as Available Spend. In the event the purchase was in part funded by cash (via a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments then the applicable amount will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days.:mad:

Edited by gerelmx

If you paid for the cruise with one card and the package with a different card, check the card you paid for the cruise with. I'e had it refund to a different card.

Nop always used the same card, the confirmation email say the return will be done to card xxxx (my card)

• 2 weeks later...

Just called Celebrity asking for the refund, they tell me that the refund it's not automatic, I need to fill a form requesting it and send the form to refunds department email. :mad::mad: and now wait another 30 days for my money back

the horrible bureaucracy

• 1 month later...

Two months an counting, Today I called they tell me that the refund is authorized that I need to wait a few days to be reflected in my credit card balance. I'm upset, very good to charge but not to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ready waiting for the taxi to the airport, we sail on Sunday aboard the Eclipse. A few minutes ago after 68 days from cancel date, and after several emails and phone calls finally receive a note from RCCL MX:

Good day :

Hoping you are very well let me tell you that the Reimbursement requested is in process.

In the coming days we will contact you to inform of the conclusion of the same by this route.

I appreciate your kind understanding.

I remain at your service.

XXXX

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.