Live aboard the Regal 1/23

momrox1

Taking a moment from my R&R to report that everything is lovely aboard the Regal. We were among the first to board and headed directly to the sanctuary to get four chairs for the week. It eventually did sell out but just for sea days and that was around 1 p.m. the day of embarkation. Be aware, is I was not, that even if you are platinum and get there early the elite people are allowed to board before you do. I thought it would be first-come first-served but that was not the case. We were among the ones to get the $100 per person on board credit for not having The Medallion use. While this was lovely. It was even nicer to find that once on board they gave us unlimited WiFi, which is why I am posting here now :-). I am platinum and the notice said it was being offered to platinum and Elite. food has been very good, and the ship is big but beautiful. Be aware that the pool outside of the sanctuary is not heated and rather chilly but there are two hot tubs nearby that make up for it. I was told it is heated when they are in the Baltic. I will check back in if anyone has any specific questions.... I am enjoying myself immensely.

Thanks!

About the Sanctuary... Yes, Elites... Special Groups... and BVE passengers will have the first boarding.

I would almost consider trying to do a BVE for that early boarding alone!

PS: with the new coffee card thing.... do you see notices, or hear of passengers who are buying the card being told, about the new Terms and Expiration?

Enjoy your cruise....

Should be warmer as you go along!!!

PS: with the new coffee card thing.... do you see notices, or hear of passengers who are buying the card being told, about the new Terms and Expiration?

Enjoy your cruise....

I will check it out

We were among the ones to get the $100 per person on board credit for not having The Medallion use. OI will check back in if anyone has any specific questions.... I am enjoying myself immensely.

Thank you for taking your time to post. Enjoy your cruise.

Two questions:

1. Do you know the number of staterooms with ***** and where they are?

2. Do you get your $100 OBC automatically from Princess or by your request?

Thanks

CL

Glad to hear you're having a great time. We disembarked from the Regal on Sunday. We also had a wonderful time. The only issue we had were quite a few reported cases of norovirus. It was to the point were we were not allowed to put our own cream in the coffee. Rather, it was done for us. Luckily, no one in my party was affected, but we were meticulous about handwashing followed by Purel. The bartender in Crooners was amazing. Ask him to pour you a "fountain" with his drink orders. It's quite impressive. Have fun!!! I miss the Regal already!!

Sorry I didn't find out much. I don't know how many medallions were given out. I only saw a couple people with them. They are attached to their room card. I never got to find out about the coffee card yet but I will when I get there. As far as the onboard credit I requested that by calling princess prior to this cruise as explained in another thread somewhere. Room service does not list the price but they do Supply canned sodas. No mention at all of bottled alcohol but that is probably something you can find on the web. I did notice that for room service Sushi is $12 Burgers $3 along with pizza. As far as the Norovirus we did eat at Alfredo's the first day and were told because of norovirus we could not touch the creamers.. they said the prior week 22 people had the virus. I have heard no reports of anyone on this Cruise Contracting it and we have been allowed to touch the cream and also salt and pepper... I have been on a lot of ships with the sanctuary but have never seen anything like the Parade of food that comes out at 3 to 3:30 in the afternoon... all of a sudden people appear with tray after tray of canopies and sandwiches and scones with whipped cream and jelly and all sorts of delights. I have not been able to enjoy any of them because of the timing...it is always after I have eaten lunch and before I'm about to eat dinner.. oh poor me Lol

Taking a moment from my R&R to report that everything is lovely aboard the Regal. We were among the first to board and headed directly to the sanctuary to get four chairs for the week. It eventually did sell out but just for sea days and that was around 1 p.m. the day of embarkation. Be aware, is I was not, that even if you are platinum and get there early the elite people are allowed to board before you do. I thought it would be first-come first-served but that was not the case. We were among the ones to get the $100 per person on board credit for not having The Medallion use. While this was lovely. It was even nicer to find that once on board they gave us unlimited WiFi, which is why I am posting here now :-). I am platinum and the notice said it was being offered to platinum and Elite. food has been very good, and the ship is big but beautiful. Be aware that the pool outside of the sanctuary is not heated and rather chilly but there are two hot tubs nearby that make up for it. I was told it is heated when they are in the Baltic. I will check back in if anyone has any specific questions.... I am enjoying myself immensely.

Was this credit given to you automatically, or did you have to ask for it?

EDIT: OOPS! JUST SAW YOU ANSWERED THIS IN A PREVIOUS THREAD.

Enjoy your cruise....

I just got off the Regal on the 21st, and the coffee cards had an expiration date of 12/31/18 printed on them.

We're going on the Regal next month. Our credit for not having ***** is just $50 per person. The rep told me it's because we booked after the cruise was changed to an "Ocean Medallion Preview" cruise. Someone else on our roll call, though, reported receiving an offer for $60 per person for being in an inside cabin without *****. They booked a year ago and not after the final payment date like we did.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We are on her Feb. 25th and will monitor this thread.