Feedback on Cabin 767

Kamfish642

Number8 when you said you are 766 I did a double take. I thought that was our room, but we are actually 765 (which I think is the mirror version of 766?) on that October cruise. Looks like we will all be neighbors for 10 days! So glad to get these rooms as they go so fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Number8 when you said you are 766 I did a double take. I thought that was our room, but we are actually 765 (which I think is the mirror version of 766?) on that October cruise. Looks like we will all be neighbors for 10 days! So glad to get these rooms as they go so fast.

Larro9, Number8, Cindivan -- Hope you all have a great time in your aft cabins aboard the Paul Gauguin. We will be preceding you in #767 on our cruise in July 2020. Will certainly post a detailed review here upon return.

Now we all have to suffer through the long wait until cruise time. I'm sure it will be worth it, though!

Hutchinj - hide something in the room for Larro9 to find! Can what you hide stay hidden for 3 months? My son once found a poker chip a friend hid on an RC ship several cruises later. And then there was a failed attempt for another hidden surprise outside a restaurant in a plant in Rome from another sons girlfriend who was there a month previously. But the plant was gone so maybe it was still there wherever they moved it. But I digress.

You have a couple years to figure out a good hiding place!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sad to say but the Category C aft cabins will be no more after the refurb in May 2020. Seems they are converting those 5 cabins Into 2 suites (Grand or Owner types). We booked cabin #767 over a year ago for our 4 July 2020 cruise but that cabin will no longer exist.

The good news is that PG wanted to move us to some other Cat C room but our TA talked them into upgrading us to a Category B Veranda Suite for free. We love aft cabin views but maybe the larger room, balcony, and Butler will help ease the pain. 🙂

Wish they’d give us one of those 2 new ginormous aft suites but I guess that would be wishing for too much. 😉

I saw this late last night and went to bed figuring out how to tell my wife beyond how disappointed I was/am as the aft cabins are one of the real joys of the trip for us !  I’m up now and will figure this out....if they are building new ships (is this still a rumor) why do this now  ? 
ok..I know, I’m able to afford travel to such an exotic location on more than a garbage scow so go ahead and tell me to stop feeling bad for the aft cabins ! 

now someone else will find the surprise Chip left for me ..meaning engineers or ship builders ! 

• Like 2

We were in 765 on the October 14 sailing and they upgraded us to room 7003, which is right next to the bridge. Not sure I’m a fan of that. Going from primo aft view to sharing a wall with the bridge?  Also appears to be the only category B stateroom without a tub, only shower.  And says queen size bed. Meaning the others have king?  So confused 

All category a and b are sold out. 

Edited by cindivan

Larro9 -- Yes, as nice as I'm sure the Cat B suite upgrade is, we too will miss the aft cabin we were so looking forward to.

Number8 -- We were assigned cabin #818 in the upgrade. It's on the port side and closest to the pool bar. There's actually quite a distance between our balcony and the bar area itself so we're hopeful noise won't be an issue. I kind of like the idea being close to the pool and bar, actually. No stairs! And deck 8 should be nice with no cabins above us. 

• Like 2

Talked with our TA today and they upgraded us to cabin #817. Was looking forward to the aft cabins and sharing with our neighbors!! I guess we will have to suffer with the upgrade and the butler service. 

Only 289 days and counting till Oct 14th!!

On 12/27/2019 at 12:03 AM, Hutchinj said:

Sad to say but the Category C aft cabins will be no more after the refurb in May 2020. Seems they are converting those 5 cabins Into 2 suites (Grand or Owner types). We booked cabin #767 over a year ago for our 4 July 2020 cruise but that cabin will no longer exist.

Sorry to hear this....

Yes, they upgraded us all who were booked on pg cruises past June 2020, but it is not the same in any way or form...we booked 1.5 years ago for a 10/2020 cruise to get that specific cabin....we were on the boat in 2015 and were in 766...aft cabins will be missed ! ..I honestly don’t need a butler ....

17 minutes ago, ScotsLady said:

I have just seen this and so upset .

We booked 767 2 years ago for my special birthday cruise, we love aft cabins.

i logged in and we have been upgraded to category B.

irene

I well understand. We love the aft cabins, too. Something very special and serene about them, especially when you are underway. Kind of have to experience one to understand. ;)

The upgrade to a Cat B cabin will be OK even though I see little use in a Butler for this cruise. What bothers me most is that PG has not bothered to contact us to notify us of the change or give us our options, if there are any. Finding out by accident or via your TA is not how this should be handled. Very poor form, IMHO.

11 minutes ago, Larro9 said:

Yes, they upgraded us all who were booked on pg cruises past June 2020, but it is not the same in any way or form...we booked 1.5 years ago for a 10/2020 cruise to get that specific cabin....we were on the boat in 2015 and were in 766...aft cabins will be missed ! ..I honestly don’t need a butler ....

Yep, we specifically booked #767 in August 2018 for a July 2020 cruise. Not to be informed about the change by PG is disappointing, to say the least.

We were contacted yesterday by a Paul Gauguin representative to inform us. They have a lot of cruises booked, they found out about this over the Christmas Holiday, and they are contacting everyone as quickly as possible, although not as quickly as some would like. We were booked in 767 for a 2021 cruise, and while we haven't stayed in one of the aft cabins, we have stayed in both a C (721) and a B (811). We loved 811. We were looking forward to 767 for our 11 day Cook Island/Society Cruise, we're happy with the upgrade to a B category cabin. While the Butler was not a necessity, the location of the B cabins is great, ours was extremely quiet, the cabins are 47 sq/ft larger than a standard C, and 20 sq/ft larger than 767. 767 does have a larger veranda, by 25 sq/ft. The B category cabin is a $4000+ upgrade from a C on our cruise, and we're quite happy to accept it.

We were booked in room 765.
221 interior/74 balcony

They moved us to Room 7003.

256 interior/47balcony

doesn't seem like an upgrade to us at all. I have no idea what I would do with a butler

and no longer a king bed. Just a queen bed. No tub. 

Outside of butler who can’t make balcony or bed grow,

what is the upgrade??

5 hours ago, cindivan said:

We were booked in room 765.
221 interior/74 balcony

They moved us to Room 7003.

256 interior/47balcony

doesn't seem like an upgrade to us at all. I have no idea what I would do with a butler

and no longer a king bed. Just a queen bed. No tub. 

Outside of butler who can’t make balcony or bed grow,

what is the upgrade??

Cindi,

The square footage I quoted was for all of the B Category rooms on Deck 8. Room 7003 is an anomaly, and I'm not sure I would be pleased with that room either. Perhaps you should contact Paul Gauguin directly. If all A and B rooms are sold out I'm not sure what they can do, but it may very well be worth the phone call.

Edited by MrRandal

On 8/8/2016 at 5:34 PM, Kamfish642 said:

Can anyone give me their experience with aft cabin 767: good and bad? Thank you.

Cabin 767 will be gone after the 2020 dry dock. The 5 aft cabins will become 2 suites. I picked the cabin specifically for its unique layout, shower and location and got an email December 31 saying I am moved to a cabin on 8 now. Not really happy about it.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:40 AM, Larro9 said:

I am feeling your pain too! A cookie cutter cabin is no substitute for 767.☹

35 minutes ago, Pengawin3 said:

Cabin 767 will be gone after the 2020 dry dock. The 5 aft cabins will become 2 suites. I picked the cabin specifically for its unique layout, shower and location and got an email December 31 saying I am moved to a cabin on 8 now. Not really happy about it.

Yeh, I broke this news to our group last week. At least you got an email from PG about the change. I got nothing from them and only learned the news from my TA.

I have mixed emotions about it too but planning to make the best of it. After all, a week cruising French Polynesia in a butler equipped deck 8 cabin can't be all that bad. Run your butler ragged to make up for it! <LOL> 😄